05 XR650L Uncorking????

24 replies to this topic
  • budinsac

Posted January 08, 2005 - 01:14 PM

hey MotoChris521
Read thru your XRL mods, noticed you removed the throttle push cable. Is there an advantage there... it sound kind of risky!!!
Bud

• Yeravener

Posted January 09, 2005 - 10:13 AM

XR650L_Dave;

When the word is good, and your info is.....it gets spread..:cry:

Note we all gave you the credit, too.....to bad there are no royalties on it, eh?:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted January 09, 2005 - 02:13 PM

heh heh heh heh

D

• MotoChris521

Posted January 10, 2005 - 05:52 AM

hey MotoChris521
Read thru your XRL mods, noticed you removed the throttle push cable. Is there an advantage there... it sound kind of risky!!!
Bud

Risky ?Why ,there is a heavy return spring on the carb.The two reasons i removed it were lighter throttle pull and lighter bike(i went crazy removing everything i could to shed pounds).Three XRL's and 15,000 miles and no problem.:cry:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 10, 2005 - 06:51 AM

The XRL is probably less prone to a sticky throttle because it controls a butterfly valve, not a slide.
The cable could still bind, though.

Look at it this way- you have a spare throttle cable routed in just the rightr spot!

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.