Try this for a change

5 replies to this topic
  • dukeboy

Posted January 03, 2005 - 09:50 PM

I was turned on to something that works so well, I feel compelled to tell everyone. Some of he other guys that we ride with have been riding on a trials backtire for sometime now. So I went and purchased a michelin m-11. Where we ride, it is really slippery and wet. Everything from roots to rocks to going up creeks and falls. I put in about 12 pounds of air because we were going to be riding on alot of rocks this day, along with the wetness. The trials guys usually run about 6-8 pounds. Anyway, long story short, this tire was excellent, where I normally am sliding or spinning, I was gripping and almost wheeling over some of the time. It has such a huge footprint at 12 pounds that it just wraps around everything, and the rubber compound just grabs everything. It was unreal! Well, I'm hooked on it, and I'm telling ya, you should try it. You also get 1 trials tire wear to 3 knobbies. They last forever. I also leave my valve stem nut half way up because on our bigger bore bikes, you take the chance of spinning a tube because they grab so well.Later

• yz426onNOS

Posted January 03, 2005 - 10:06 PM

Yeah there was a test done by t.t.! Do a search!

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 03, 2005 - 10:14 PM

I think you mean the Michelin X-11. :cry: I ran them last year front and back as an experiment and they worked great in wet slick rocks and roots. But they really stink in other conditions where knobs shine! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cruise

Posted January 04, 2005 - 12:35 AM

Here where i ride it is dry and hard i buy retread nobbys they are cheap
and seem to out last the more expensive tyre i've used

• Math

Posted January 04, 2005 - 12:18 PM

I was turned on to something that works so well, I feel compelled to tell everyone. Some of he other guys that we ride with have been riding on a trials backtire for sometime now. So I went and purchased a michelin m-11. Where we ride, it is really slippery and wet. Everything from roots to rocks to going up creeks and falls. I put in about 12 pounds of air because we were going to be riding on alot of rocks this day, along with the wetness. The trials guys usually run about 6-8 pounds. Anyway, long story short, this tire was excellent, where I normally am sliding or spinning, I was gripping and almost wheeling over some of the time. It has such a huge footprint at 12 pounds that it just wraps around everything, and the rubber compound just grabs everything. It was unreal! Well, I'm hooked on it, and I'm telling ya, you should try it. You also get 1 trials tire wear to 3 knobbies. They last forever. I also leave my valve stem nut half way up because on our bigger bore bikes, you take the chance of spinning a tube because they grab so well.Later

Thanks for posting

What is your opinion about these tires' performance in mud 'cause here there is quite a lot.

Thanks.

• Gadsen

Posted January 04, 2005 - 12:27 PM

I was turned on to something that works so well, I feel compelled to tell everyone...

Whew, for a minute, I thought the forum had been infiltrated by spammers! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.