Hey One and All

5 replies to this topic
  • sanpedro426

Posted January 03, 2005 - 02:39 PM

Hey everyone ,first off i must compliment everyone on a GREAT site. It is well maintained and VERY informative. I have a question concerning clutch covers for the 2002 yz426f. I beefed it and put a crack in the clutch cover. Actually i went down and a rock bashed the rear brake into the cover. I was able to take off the cover, do some grinding , to get clearance between the cover and clutch hub. Cleaned it up with acetone and J B welded it. I was riding the next day (with a cracked rib). It held and is still holding. However im sure i dont want to have this as a permanent fix. I called Boyesen and the lady told me they dont have a clutch cover for the 426 WHAT THE H*$#@L. Anybody have any ideas for aftermarket covers that arent $100 bucks. :cry:

• bushy

Posted January 03, 2005 - 02:41 PM

Ebay, or post a want add in the TT buy / sell forums.

I cracked my clutch cover once before, and I was lucky to pick mine up for 40 bucks.

• GENE426

Posted January 03, 2005 - 02:47 PM

TRY THE CFC CLUTCH COVER ITS NOT A TRUE COVER BUT IT WOULD REINFORCE YOUR JB WELD DEAL AND I WOULD PUT ONE ON YOUR BIKE ANYWAY IF YOU GET A NEW COVER.
THEY ARE 10 BUCKS FOR THE STOCK ON AT
http://216.37.204.20...pe=13&A=231&B=9

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted January 03, 2005 - 04:12 PM

I have one from my 2000 426 that is slightly damaged, but does not leak. A rock nailed the bottom-most bolt and cracked the area over the bolt. The cover was fine, but I'm anal and wanted it replaced so I bought one from a fellow TT'er. If you want it then its yours..... and I'm in Long Beach so I'm right next door.

• sanpedro426

Posted January 03, 2005 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like a winner , how do we hook up? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted January 03, 2005 - 08:21 PM

check your PM's......

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.