Wr 400-backfireing

1 reply to this topic
  • Rick_pereira

Posted January 03, 2005 - 11:50 AM

Hey ,for all of you !!!!
I am from Portugal and have wr 400 (00) .
Ok, i only ried sunday mornings with the gays and i am having the fallowing problem, the bike starts great and for a few miles it runs great to(clean acceleration in all rpm and throttle range) but when the engine starts to warms up it bigins to backfire and it feels like it´s going to stall after 1/2 throttle :cry: but if i keep riding it only up to 1/3 of throttle comes up to be ok again(clean acceleration in all rpm and throttle range) doring the rest of the ride if i give it throttle to fast at low rpm it does the same thing again ,then again if i keep ridin only up to 1/3 of throttle for a while it will be ok again. Carb. and ingene have all original parts (eccept for exaust pipe), settings are acording to specification book.

If any of you cold help i would apriciate :cry:

Thanks and sory about the inglis!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rattler88

Posted January 03, 2005 - 05:38 PM

Sounds like you need to do some jetting for that aftermarket pipe,
you might want to go to a larger main jet for starters and post
your message in the jetting thread of Thumpertalk.

G. Luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.