Spark Plug Coil

8 replies to this topic
  • mjslim

Posted January 02, 2005 - 06:57 PM

Are there any tricks out there for removing the spark plug coil? When I go to take mine off, I have to use the Kung-Fu death grip - I pull so hard it feels like I'm gonna snap off the coil wire receptacle! Is this typical?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 02, 2005 - 07:04 PM

Yes it is a tricky lift. You really need to bend it as you lift it up past the frame it get easier as you do it more often. :cry:

• mjslim

Posted January 02, 2005 - 07:45 PM

Thanks again Indy. Can I call you the Righteous Reply-Meister?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:24 PM

Call me anything but Marcus or Ruprick : :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:30 PM

Give it a "twist" to break is lose from the plugs porcelain. After this, then its a little eaiser to remove. Always twist before pulling. But like the others said, you have to bend it a bit.

• Gadsen

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:33 PM

Ah, he is just doing that to hit the 3000 post mark. (just fooling, Indy knows WR's!)

• mjslim

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:43 PM

Ah, he is just doing that to hit the 3000 post mark. (just fooling, Indy knows WR's!)

Thanks Toyota,

Think I'll go out in the garage and practice the "twist and bend" a few times while I've got my tank off. Hope I never have to do it on the trail. Plug access is one of the few things I miss from my days of riding two-strokes. I think twice now about getting into situations where I might possibly flood out the bike. Used to be no big deal.

• Gadsen

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:54 PM

mjslim, while its out, use a can of silicone spray and lightly coat the outside and a smidge on the inside of the coil wire. It makes removal easier afterwards.

• mjslim

Posted January 02, 2005 - 09:58 PM

Cool tip, I'll give it a go.............

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.