Idle Speed

3 replies to this topic
  • Rocky

Posted July 28, 2001 - 05:26 AM

I checked the previous posts but did not find anything specific to my question.

With the air box lid and the exhaust insert removed {everything else is stock} the bike idles and runs perfect.

With the stock exhaust insert or aftermarket Vortip installed ------ bike idles rough and there is a momentary hesitation (nano second) off the idle. It runs perfect other wise.

Before I start tearing into the jetting, is there a quick and simple adjustment for this problem.

• Jason_Williams

Posted July 30, 2001 - 09:48 PM

Can you say (fuel screw)?? The exhaust plugs are making it run rich. start by turning down your fuel screw 1/4 turn at a time. That would be turning it in. or clockwise. is the bobble only off the bottom?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rocky

Posted July 30, 2001 - 10:06 AM

Yes it burbles only at idle and up to 1/8 of open throttle. It carburets perfect everywhere else. It sounds like the typical fuel screw/pilot jet.

• Jason_Williams

Posted July 30, 2001 - 11:32 AM

Rocky, It shoudn't take much of an ajustment. When I run with my Vortip in I have to lean out the fuel screw or I get studder right off the bottom. good luck!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.