Where do you order your oem parts off the internet?

27 replies to this topic
  • KJ790

Posted February 06, 2008 - 04:01 PM

Their prices are marginally lower than TT OEM, and on the recommendation of one or two people here, I figured why not try them. Never again.

I ordered a timing chain and tensioner, plus a couple of other odd parts on Saturday evening, the 26th of January. I fully expected that nothing would come of it until the following Monday, 1/28. Then on the 31st, 4 days later, I got an e-mail saying how glad they were that I had placed an order with them, and that it would ship on Monday, Feb 4th, 7 seven business days after I placed it. It won't be here until this Thursday, the 7th.

Add to to that, I realized that I had forgotten to include a pair of bearings that I wanted with the first order and placed a second one on 1/29. They said they would have those parts on site by 2/4 or 2/5 when I spoke to them on the phone.

Another thing is that it apparently takes UPS a full day to get a package from Jonesboro, AR to Little Rock, AR in order to ship it out here. :busted:

This kind of thing has happened to me at TT OEM, but the outcome was somewhat different. When I placed an order for a mix of parts, some of which were in stock, and others not, I got a phone call asking if I needed the parts they had on hand right away, since they were all related to the same job, or if they should wait until they got the whole order. On another occasion when I placed a follow-up order, they pulled the package out of the shipping department, added the extra parts, then expedited the shipping at no extra cost to me.

So, thanks, but no thanks to crotchrocket. I'll stay with what works.

That sucks you had bad luck with them. For me they've been as fast as anyplace else I've ever used. Shipping time seems to be getting ridiculous. I have been tracking something through USPS that was shipped from CA on the 27th. The estimated time of delivery is tomorrow (the 7th). It said it was in PA 4 days ago. I could have driven to PA and picked it up myself and it would have only taken 5 hours, not 5 days. It had better show up tomorrow or I'm going to be :worthy: ...end rant.

• 642MX

Posted February 06, 2008 - 04:10 PM

Their prices are marginally lower than TT OEM, and on the recommendation of one or two people here, I figured why not try them. Never again.

I ordered a timing chain and tensioner, plus a couple of other odd parts on Saturday evening, the 26th of January. I fully expected that nothing would come of it until the following Monday, 1/28. Then on the 31st, 4 days later, I got an e-mail saying how glad they were that I had placed an order with them, and that it would ship on Monday, Feb 4th, 7 seven business days after I placed it. It won't be here until this Thursday, the 7th.

Add to to that, I realized that I had forgotten to include a pair of bearings that I wanted with the first order and placed a second one on 1/29. They said they would have those parts on site by 2/4 or 2/5 when I spoke to them on the phone.

Another thing is that it apparently takes UPS a full day to get a package from Jonesboro, AR to Little Rock, AR in order to ship it out here. :worthy:

This kind of thing has happened to me at TT OEM, but the outcome was somewhat different. When I placed an order for a mix of parts, some of which were in stock, and others not, I got a phone call asking if I needed the parts they had on hand right away, since they were all related to the same job, or if they should wait until they got the whole order. On another occasion when I placed a follow-up order, they pulled the package out of the shipping department, added the extra parts, then expedited the shipping at no extra cost to me.

So, thanks, but no thanks to crotchrocket. I'll stay with what works.

That would leave a bad taste in my mouth too. But, I've honestly used crotchrocket.com many of times with great results. I've ordered the parts online and told them what date I needed them by (mostly order on Mondays and need the parts by Friday) and they've never failed. I don't mind paying extra for shipping to get it to me on time either, and I always make them aware of it.

On the other hand I've used OEM.TT a couple times. Both times the communication was horrible. Once my bike sat on the stand while my friends went riding after I told them to overnight the stuff if they needed to. After I missed a weekend of riding, I found crotchrocket.com.

And then my card got charged for the membership a year later without my knowledge or consent......I sent an email and they quickly resolved the charge, but it still pissed me off.

I guess some folks have their favorite places to shop. Mine is crotchrocket.com for my OEM stuff. :busted:

• bedell99

Posted February 06, 2008 - 05:59 PM

I have had great luck with crotchrocket.com also. It takes a little longer but it was all there and the prices are super cheap.

erik

• honda0071

Posted February 06, 2008 - 06:56 PM

all those places suck im telling you best place is yamahaoftroy.com then go to OEM parts finder. best prices i looked at all them and its still cheapest

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 06, 2008 - 07:16 PM

all those places suck im telling you best place is yamahaoftroy.com then go to OEM parts finder. best prices i looked at all them and its still cheapest

Okay I did some price checking and found that your wrong. I also added in the OEM.TT stores prices just for fun.

5JG-11311-10-00 cylinder (426) YOT price: $287.84 Crotchrocket.com: $244.39 (OEM TT: $271.68)

5BE-21611-10-00 rear fender (426) YOT: $26.70 Crotchrocket: $25.96 (OEM TT: $26.97)

5JG-16150-10-00 clutch basket (426) YOT $196.88 Crotchrocket: $167.15 (OEM TT $176.84)

They all have good prices, but crotchrocket.com's are just a little better. :busted:

• mxgene

Posted February 07, 2008 - 07:40 AM

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/

Best prices I've found...

• tekknikkx

Posted July 05, 2008 - 10:42 AM

After calling the TT store seeing if they would do a pricematch and being forwarded to a voicemail, i went with crotchrocket.com for my international order.
(needed a 2000 yz250 cylinder, and they had the best prices i've seen ANYWHERE)

sorry TT store

• rickallen124

Posted July 05, 2008 - 06:18 PM

www.ncyyamaha.com is pretty good and you actually get a lower price if you call into the store.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.