Whaddaboutme!?

24 replies to this topic
  • BigBusa

Posted December 14, 2000 - 01:01 PM

When you say thumper immediately the Honda XR comes to mind. Yet, I do not see a discussion board for it. &%$#@!? Posted Image Posted Image

[This message has been edited by BigBusa (edited 12-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by BigBusa (edited 12-14-2000).]

• Bryan Bosch

Posted December 14, 2000 - 01:09 PM

Bryan, I still have fond memories of my 96 XR 250. It was a great bike. I'd like to see an XR forum too. However; I promise not to post still photos of myself with my bike! :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 14, 2000 - 01:31 PM

Posted Image

• Howard_Huge

Posted December 14, 2000 - 02:46 PM

where did you get those boots :)

• MotoGreg

Posted December 14, 2000 - 05:11 PM

BigBusa??? Where do you think you are... LABUSA's???

• BenjaminPQ

Posted December 14, 2000 - 09:26 PM

When I think of xr the only thing that comes to mind is slow.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 14, 2000 - 11:44 PM

Nice XR, Was it part of the deal when you bought the boots?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 15, 2000 - 04:16 AM

What the hell are you thinking? Are you still listening to the Village People?

• Bryan

Posted December 15, 2000 - 06:58 AM

Why create an XR forum. There isn't much to talk about since the bikes are rock solid reliable and don't have many quirks. Here is a quick XR summary that should eliminate the need for an entire forum:

1) To start: Kick down on handle thingy protruding from engine until bike starts.
2) To start after a crash: Pick up the heavy pile of metal and see #1.
3) To ride: Sit down on barko-lounger seat, start (see #1), pull on way stiff clutch while giving gas, run through the gears.
4) Maintenace: No maintenance is absolutely required although some feel the need to check the valves and change the oil on occasion. Especially right before they sell their XR and buy a WR. It gets a better price when the oil appears fresh. Gas is a requirement though since the bike is too heavy to push.
5) Handling and turning: Good luck

My vote is that ThumperTalk becomes a group of discussions and forums for all Thumpers. This said, I vote YOU XR guys create an XR forum and we'll GLADELY include it on ThumperTalk.

(Actually I did have an XR650R discussion up for a while but no one used it so I got rid of it)

:)

Bryan...

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 12-15-2000).]

• BigBusa

Posted December 15, 2000 - 09:10 AM

Bryan U R funny :D The XRs are pretty much as you described them though. That's why I got one!

And &%$#@! is wrong with my boots!? Those boots cost more than most of you make in a week! :)

-bb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigBusa

Posted December 15, 2000 - 09:11 AM

Hey motogreg!

• Bill

Posted December 15, 2000 - 12:09 PM

Bigwhatever,

You obviously have no idea who frequents this board and to make alagations as to our income, after all we can afford a real dirt bike........not making many points for the XR's.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• BigBusa

Posted December 15, 2000 - 02:12 PM

Bill I see you left your sense of humor on that fire road last time you wiped out....

Posted Image

[This message has been edited by BigBusa (edited 12-15-2000).]

• MotoGreg

Posted December 15, 2000 - 05:01 PM

Cut the guy some slack about the damn boots... he's about the nicest guy on another board that I'm on.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 15, 2000 - 05:32 PM

Motogreg,
Is that a sportbike forum? which one?

Brian

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 15, 2000 - 05:49 PM

Personally I like the boots but the bike is definately suspect. Reminds me of a drunken night at the bar. Fun to ride til your friends see yah! And then you fall off and wonder just what the hell you were thinking anyways! I guess I have a two stroke bias even though I have a WR.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 15, 2000 - 05:50 PM

Personally I like the boots but the bike is definately suspect. Reminds me of a drunken night at the bar. Fun to ride til your friends see yah! And then you fall off and wonder just what the hell you were thinking anyways! I guess I have a two stroke bias even though I have a WR.

• MotoGreg

Posted December 15, 2000 - 06:14 PM

Motogreg,
Is that a sportbike forum? which one?

I know him from this onebut that's a pretty crazy place loosely based on sportbikes, guns, and sex. I think you'd like Insane Speed a lot better, it's a friendly group and there is a lot of knowledge about sportbikes there.

• BigBusa

Posted December 15, 2000 - 06:47 PM

XRSLUGBAIT It was between this 96 xr600 and a 99 ktm exc250. They were roughly the same price. I tried both and had to go with the four stroke GRUNT over the "on-off" power of the 2 stroke.

• BigBusa

Posted December 15, 2000 - 10:42 PM

I like displacement! CC's and lots of them!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.