05wr450 fuel mixture screw

10 replies to this topic
  • dezdog

Posted January 02, 2005 - 10:24 AM

How do you get the block out to the fuel mixture screw out?

• onelugnut

Posted January 02, 2005 - 02:52 PM

loosen the carb so you can get to the bottom.Then drill out the plug.Go slow it's very soft.

• Texas4play

Posted January 02, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Use a hook pick and pry it out

• dezdog

Posted January 02, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Thanks a lot guys! I'll get on it.
dezdog

• mark2025

Posted January 02, 2005 - 09:52 PM

You can also try to screw a coarse (wood or metal) screw into it until it grips and pull it out with pliers. Worked for me. (you are discarding the cover...so you are not worried about messing it up).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted January 03, 2005 - 10:20 AM

how ever you get it out, be carfull. the adjuster is right under it.

• jdd123

Posted January 03, 2005 - 10:54 AM

I took off the bowl. Placed the bowl between two 2x4's and used a punch. A couple of light hammer hits and it popped out.

• YamahaSteve

Posted January 03, 2005 - 06:09 PM

Maybe I am missing somthing here... they blocked off the fuel screw on the '05 WR?? &%$#@!!?

• simica

Posted January 03, 2005 - 06:43 PM

loosen the carb so you can get to the bottom.Then drill out the plug.Go slow it's very soft.

I'm confused! Isn't the mixture screw on the '05 behind the silver plug thats right above the choke knob? Why loosen to get to bottom?

• Flip01

Posted January 03, 2005 - 08:00 PM

I'm confused! Isn't the mixture screw on the '05 behind the silver plug thats right above the choke knob? Why loosen to get to bottom?

No, the mixture screw is on the bottom of the carb next to the float bowl. It's got a small plug covering it. I just used a small punch and pryed it out. No drilling necessary. Just find something to jab in the hole and pry that sucker out.

• 52wheelz

Posted January 04, 2005 - 01:24 AM

Take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb and pop the cap off that covers the hole and remove the fuel screw and replace it with a Zip/Ty Fuel screw.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.