AIS removal

5 replies to this topic
  • MudFlap

Posted January 02, 2005 - 07:56 AM

Doe anybody know how to get the vaccum and exhaust hose connectors out easy. I have my own lathe to make the plugs and I think I'm going to use copper for a nice press fit. If anyone else thinks I should use another material let me know. :cry:

• marty b

Posted December 30, 2006 - 10:41 AM

i am a marine machanic and have learned a lot about electrolisis,
what you need for this is dis simaler mettals water and movment,
the plug goes into your cooling system where water is moving
the worst happens when allm. is in contact with bras or copper
i would be verry carfull what you make the plug out of to save your self 30 bucke you may end up ditroying your allum. block. i would sugjest you use allum. or stainless steel

• kskyles

Posted January 02, 2007 - 10:24 AM

all the fittings should just pull out with pliers.

check out the performance index sticky for the AIS removal tutorial.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahaxt

Posted January 02, 2007 - 11:14 AM

The AIS tutorial is excellent but it does tell you to drain and remove the raditor. It is not necessary to do so. I used a small pair of channel locks and pulled the connector out with out any problems at all. It took me 15 mins to pull the AIS and put the TT AIS removal kit in.

• bullybull9

Posted January 04, 2007 - 04:55 PM

I cut the hose down , and installed 2 , 1/4 brass plugs with some rtv, and for the small hose I just used one of the 6mm bolts that came off of the AIS ,, put some rtv on it as well and thats it, $2.34

• drzjay400e

Posted January 05, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I cut the hose down , and installed 2 , 1/4 brass plugs with some rtv, and for the small hose I just used one of the 6mm bolts that came off of the AIS ,, put some rtv on it as well and thats it, $2.34

SOO instead of removing it you just used a plug and clogged the hose up right.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.