Light Kit?

9 replies to this topic
  • JUSTNEIL

Posted January 02, 2005 - 06:07 AM

I have read baja is not the best option, get the parts yorself from various places. Does anyone know some of good places. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 02, 2005 - 06:15 AM

I recommend Trick Dual Sport. Dale will put together a partial or complete kit based on your needs. :cry:

www.TrickDualSport.com

• mousemeat

Posted January 02, 2005 - 06:47 AM

I just bought some indicators from a sports bike shop, a indicator switch off of ebay, and some all purpose connectors and a flasher relay from: www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/ VWPweb2000/relays/relays.html. Used a regular blade type fuse. I mounted the idicators into the stock plastic and use yzf plastics for serious off road weekends.

This is all easier to do on the 450 cause you have the battery.

For the brake light i got two hydraulic switches from HEL. You can get an electric bike horn and bicycle speedometer.

For security i leave the e-start button off the bike if i am going to leave it somewhere (but a hidden kill switch would be just as good), and i lock the kickstart lever to the frame with a mini u lock.

• minion

Posted January 02, 2005 - 01:12 PM

I recommend Trick Dual Sport. Dale will put together a partial or complete kit based on your needs. www.TrickDualSport.com

Indy,

Do you have any pics of the front and rear of your bike after installing that kit? I'm curious what actually got replaced on your wr450.

Thanks,
M.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 02, 2005 - 01:32 PM

Indy,

Do you have any pics of the front and rear of your bike after installing that kit? I'm curious what actually got replaced on your wr450.

Thanks,
M.

Here is what mine looks like from their web site:

http://www.trickdual...otos_yamaha.jpg

I really like the controls and UFO rear end. You do have to buy a YZ fender to mount the rear assembly and complete the kit. Nothing gets broke in regular crashes with this design! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted January 02, 2005 - 01:34 PM

:cry: No offence intended, but I am REALLY glad we dont have to do that to our bikes over here..... stop lights is about all ya need !..and horn ! :cry:

• mousemeat

Posted January 03, 2005 - 03:20 AM

don't forget the speedo Guy!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 03, 2005 - 08:32 AM

http://www.trickdual...otos_yamaha.jpg Hey, that's my bike... :cry:

• Guy

Posted January 03, 2005 - 08:43 AM

don't forget the speedo Guy!

Oh yeah and the speedo...but it only has to be there.not working ! :cry:

• mousemeat

Posted January 03, 2005 - 08:51 AM

Mine doesn't work either! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.