throttle stop mod

4 replies to this topic
  • minion

Posted January 01, 2005 - 11:55 PM

Anyone tried using a few small lock washers on the throttle stop bolt rather than cutting it down? Just a thought.

• alfie

Posted January 02, 2005 - 12:04 AM

No ive not tryed lock washers, by the look of it i dont think there would be enough room. Its just best to bite the bullet and put a yz screw in part no.5jg-14591-00
hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BadlandZ

Posted January 02, 2005 - 12:23 AM

I just cut mine yesterday, and I was thinking the exact same thing. Given how INSANE the bike seems now, it would be a good first step!

I don’t think there would be enough thread left on the bolt to back it off enough to get the full effect. But, it would probably work and give you more throttle than stock if you can still get about 1.5 turns on the bolt.

• dangermouse007

Posted January 02, 2005 - 04:21 AM

At Last a Part number... just what I was after Thanks

• MudFlap

Posted January 02, 2005 - 07:45 AM

I ordered a 2005 YZ450F stop for my 2005 WR450F and it was $13 Can. It makes me feel better knowing its right and that my throttle won't stick wide open. If you remove the stop and twist the throttle(not running) it will stick wide open it did for me SCARY.
For a 2004 YZ450F its carb part 60 part #5JG-14591-00-00 .SCREW and for a 2005 YZ450F carb part 61 part # is the same.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.