Converting to a 18" wheel on the YZF....

6 replies to this topic
  • Chipstien

Posted January 01, 2005 - 09:42 PM

Will a WR wheel bolt on? How much money would it cost to convert my current hub over to a 18" rim? Thanks. :cry:

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:39 AM

WR wheels will bolt on.

If you want a 18" rim on your hub, you need a 18" spoke set, 18" rim, 18" rim band, 18" tube and 18" tire. Go price these items at your local dealer and then add about 1-2 hours of labor for lacing and trueing.

• thelimeyone

Posted January 02, 2005 - 10:02 AM

or just buy a wr wheel complete, i have one at home, and i keep my paddle tire on it, its a direct switch.
the wheel is a bit spendy though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GENE426

Posted January 02, 2005 - 12:21 PM

What The Heck Would You Want To Do That For Anyway?

• yzwiley

Posted January 03, 2005 - 07:09 AM

Yes, a complete rear wheel off of a WR will bolt onto your YZ. The rear wheels are the same except for the rim size.

To change out your current 19" rim to an 18" rim you'll need a rim, spoke set, rim band, tube, and a tire. You're going to have to do the pricing, but there's the parts list. You may also have to pay a shop to mount and true the 18", unless if you can do it yourself.

And to answer the poster that said why do it; because the 18" is a much better tire for off-road purposes. Plus, it's a heck of a lot easier changing out an 18" tire over a 19".

• Chipstien

Posted January 23, 2005 - 11:58 PM

What The Heck Would You Want To Do That For Anyway?

To run a trials tire.

• thelimeyone

Posted January 27, 2005 - 11:11 AM

wanna buy a wr wheel? it fits, ive used it.
reply to thelimeyone@juno.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.