yz426 jetting for HAWAII

4 replies to this topic
  • airboy808

Posted January 01, 2005 - 09:36 PM

Hello Everyone,

I need some help...I have a 2002 yzf and for the life of me can't get the beast started. I was hoping someone would be able to offer what is the proper jetting for the bike being based in a tropic climate and at sea level. Our normal temps range from 75-90 and the humidity can get pretty high. Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated. Also will be trying to install the hot cams exhaust cam with the decomp. Hopefully this will help also.

thanks

• JT_Thumpster

Posted January 01, 2005 - 10:23 PM

http://www.thumperta...73&parentpage=2

this is for a 01 426 but may start you in the right direction

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • airboy808

Posted January 02, 2005 - 12:42 AM

thanks that is perfect

i tried and my jetting is stock with 162 and such. So I am not far off. As the excel spreadsheet recommended 160. So that should not be to far off.

Still is a beast to start as I can not get it to start. I hoping the cam will help.

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 02, 2005 - 08:40 AM

If it is hard starting, be sure the pilot jet is clean. Also check that the hot start is not stuck in the bore, the plug is clean (or just install a new plug) and check the valve clearances.

Other than that, it is just time on the bike getting use to how it starts.

• JT_Thumpster

Posted January 02, 2005 - 01:04 PM

you know it's got the calculator on the second sheet the tells you the clip location and pilot jet size as well

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.