Big Bore WR450?

4 replies to this topic
  • Roosted

Posted January 01, 2005 - 09:00 PM

Anyone ever look into a big bore kit for their 03 WR450? I have found a couple online but wanted to hear if anyone has had any experiences with any.

Thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 01, 2005 - 10:17 PM

I doubt if any TT members have had a chance to big bore their 450. I would have done the Falicon heavy stroker crank option 502 kit if I had more time. It can take over 8 weeks to get the parts back so you may be looking at up to 3 months of down time. I was not prepared for this and ran out of time. I know one of the guys that races and works their did his WR450 with their 502 kit heavy stroker crank. I am going with the maxpower 490 kit to save time and I will end up doing the Falicon crank next rebuild. :cry:

Links:

http://www.faliconcr....com/index.html

http://www.maxpower-...maha.htm#YZ450F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jaggley

Posted January 02, 2005 - 06:27 AM

These kits look like they are over two grand. :cry: :cry: Maybe next time just buy the KTM 525 which would have been about 500 more than the WR450. :cry:

• drewpeacock

Posted January 02, 2005 - 06:57 AM

I've had better luck thru Millenium Technogies@920-893-5595. I have heard of bad results other places and have always been happy with them. They have always gave me fast sevice on all my cylinders.

• simon@vic

Posted January 02, 2005 - 10:37 AM

502cc droooooollllllll :cry:

you think that the stroker crank would make it rev a bit slower {that is a good thing} with a YZ cam??

i would love to jam one of them in my WR but $2200us :cry: :cry:
i could trade in my wr on a 525exc for that much difference.

i think these kits are for people who have to race on a yami.

if 100 of you guys all want to pitch in $20 i will take the 6-8 week down time :cry: . i will tell you if is OK or not :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.