Scotts Damper Question?

2 replies to this topic
  • MudFlap

Posted January 01, 2005 - 06:46 AM

Does anybody know if a Scotts damper will fit a stock 2005 WR450F? I have read that the cross bar on the stock Renthal bars that come with the WR interfere with the damper. I have also read that Renthal makes a bowed cross bar but will not sell it seperately. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 01, 2005 - 07:01 AM

I would wait until Scotts makes a complete kit for the 05 with rubber mounted Pro taper bars and new top triple clamp. You choose your bend and they wil send you a complet kit. If you dont like the vibration on the WR or ride a lot you will want the rubber mounted bars. I think the 05 frame is different in the steering head to provide a lower center of gravity feel over the previous models. So I would confirm the 05 kit is different than an 03/04 kit. I am real happy with my complete Scotts kit and have had in on the bike since January 2003 without even bending the bars. :cry: The rubber mounts and bark busters really protect the bars. Tha bark busters take a beating and I end up putting new ones on every 6 months. :cry:

• Domenic_WRF

Posted January 01, 2005 - 09:11 AM

Scotts makes the kit now for the 05.. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.