full-coverage skidplate for 2002 YZ 426?

8 replies to this topic
  • inte

Posted December 31, 2004 - 10:29 PM

Recommendations? I don't do much track - mostly desert & would like to get something that protects the frame rails.

• alfie

Posted January 01, 2005 - 02:42 AM

Not to sure if you can get them in the states but i run a CRD bash plate which gows all around the frame rails

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 01, 2005 - 06:27 AM

Utah sport cycle :cry:

http://www.utahsportcycle.com/

They got a great one for the WR/YZ 's

• Flip01

Posted January 01, 2005 - 08:13 AM

www.elineaccessories.com if carbon/kevlar is more your taste.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted January 01, 2005 - 09:06 AM

Utah sport cycle :cry:

http://www.utahsportcycle.com/

They got a great one for the WR/YZ 's

Another vote for the Utah plate. Mine has taken quite a beating and still looks good. It covers the bottom of the frame completely as well as wrapping around the sides. I wish it would have used the stock mounting locations instead of the clamps, but it really isn't a big deal. Once mounted it is solid and secure. Check it out, the price is right, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed :cry:

• inte

Posted January 01, 2005 - 12:09 PM

I ended up ordering this one from flatlandracing.com (before I saw the replies ... ah well). It looks very similar to the utah plate.

So the utah one doesn't mount useing the original locations? I saw the screw holes & assumed there wouldn't be clamps because of that.

I also ordered these radiator guards - I like them because I'm trying to prevent the sides from getting pushed in - not just damage to the fins. These guards seem like they'll do the trick.

• Gadsen

Posted January 01, 2005 - 06:13 PM

I go the Moose one from http://www.denniskir...02&skuId=514330 and it is a full aluminum one with the "wings" to protect the water pump etc. There are others that look just like these by White Bros etc.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 01, 2005 - 06:22 PM

The Utah Sprot Cycle skid plate has the most coverage of all the plates I have seen including the moose. :cry:

• inte

Posted January 01, 2005 - 07:56 PM

The Utah Sprot Cycle skid plate has the most coverage of all the plates I have seen including the moose. :cry:

I'll have to shoot a photo of the flatland one I ordered when it shows up. From the photo online it appears to have as much coverage as the utah one. I can't tell if the utah plate is a notched radius or if that is just a compression artifact of the jpg.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.