Yet another 05 Question.....

6 replies to this topic
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted December 31, 2004 - 08:35 AM

Haven't even rode the new bike yet, been raining and snowing.. :lol: Noticed my forks were twisted in the clamps, needed to lube the steering bearings anyway.. :cry: Decided why not lube the swing arm and linkage while its raining.. :cry: noticed no master link in the chain and was thinking maybe its a good time for a sprocket and chain change.. :cry: Anyone change their rear ratio? I like a 52 on my 400, wonder if that is too low for the 450? I ride single track, tight woods, slow and steep.. :cry: Thanks and happy new year.. :cry:

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted December 31, 2004 - 09:41 AM

the 04 I rode seemed a little tall in the gears than my wr 400. I would think a 52 would work out well for you. This weather sucks.

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 31, 2004 - 11:07 AM

the 04 I rode seemed a little tall in the gears than my wr 400. I would think a 52 would work out well for you. This weather sucks.

I guess I'm lucky to have three bikes to work on.. :cry: Back to the garage, take care and have a safe new year.. :cry:

Domenic

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 31, 2004 - 12:34 PM

i run 13/52 and it works great in the tight stuff and i can still go 70+ mph (fast enough for the woods!!)

• simon@vic

Posted December 31, 2004 - 02:57 PM

go down to 13/50 or 14/50. my 450 is perfect like that, other then missing 6th gear :cry:

• mtrablue

Posted December 31, 2004 - 03:39 PM

ride it first. you might like it just the way it is. there's nothing wrong with the stock chain and sprocket quality. you can always drop the counter shaft size one tooth and see if it's what your after. they're cheap and you can use the stock "endless" chain.

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 31, 2004 - 04:11 PM

I have a new 13 tooth I bought and never used, looks like the same part number as for a 450. The Yamaha website mentions new rear sprocket for 2005 :cry: wonder whats new about them.. :cry: Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.