Honda Tie Wraps

10 replies to this topic
  • dualsport newbie

Posted December 30, 2004 - 10:01 PM

i know what you're thinking. dualsport newbie with another retarded question! this one takes the cake though! where can i get those black tie wraps that come on the stock XR650L? the ones that allow you to tighten and loosen. when messing with the wiring you don't have to cut them and put new ones on after you're done. how cool is that. they are used for all of the wiring on the bike? i think those are the coolest tie wraps!

• HeadTrauma

Posted December 30, 2004 - 10:09 PM

To tell the truth, I have no idea. Regular zip-ties are easy, but you might ask the parts guy at a Honda dealer or perhaps and electrician.

You question only sounds retarded, but is actually kinda hard.

• Dual_Dog

Posted December 31, 2004 - 06:56 AM

If you're lucky try and find the Acerbis tie wraps that are used for their fork/disc guards. They are the first super strong and resusable ones I've seen that really work. If not, just get a bunch of the sacrificial (one time use) ones from Home Creepshow. Cheap and you'll find many more places to add them, carb & fuel hoses, misc wiring, strapping your tires to your rims...

• Yeravener

Posted December 31, 2004 - 10:04 AM

You could always try the Honda shop for the original wraps, but you're going to pay for it. I reuse the originals until they die (takes a long time), and buy the "40000 tie wraps for $5" at the local hardware or automotive store for everything else.

• dualsport newbie

Posted December 31, 2004 - 10:10 AM

strapping your tires to your rims...

strapping your tires to your rims??????? you do that? why? should i be doing that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yeravener

Posted December 31, 2004 - 11:01 AM

He's pulling your leg, DN. Use rimlocks if you need to secure your tires to the rims. :cry:

• cheff

Posted December 31, 2004 - 11:06 AM

If you get a flat, this is a great way to keep the tire on the rim so you can get to where you can repair it. :cry:

• Yeravener

Posted December 31, 2004 - 11:18 AM

Hunh, that's a good one...Have to admit I haven't heard of that one, yet. :cry:

I'll use rimlocks myself, but it would sure be better to use wraps than nothing at all!

Too cool:cool:

• cheff

Posted December 31, 2004 - 11:33 AM

I use rim locks as well, but if you get a flat, the tire will still want to slip of the rim where the rim lock is not holding it down. Use the zip ties to support the tire where the rim lock is not holding. Its like riding with 2psi :cry: and can get you out of a tight spot. :cry:

• Yeravener

Posted December 31, 2004 - 12:13 PM

2 psi.... :cry: ...so I just shift into "Bernie Schrieber" mode on my BRP... :cry:

I'll shove some bigger wraps in my pack......Thanks for the tip, cheff....

Just goes to show one is never to old to learn new ways to get one's butt out of the Mojave Desert! :cry:

• Dual_Dog

Posted December 31, 2004 - 01:01 PM

2 psi.... :cry: ...so I just shift into "Bernie Schrieber" mode on my BRP... :cry:

I'll shove some bigger wraps in my pack......Thanks for the tip, cheff....

Just goes to show one is never to old to learn new ways to get one's butt out of the Mojave Desert! :cry:

Or if you're prerunning or riding in Mex. Preparation is key to making back to Point 'A', which is always the goal, especially with a big DS bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.