99 Gray wire question

2 replies to this topic
  • YamaCazi

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:26 AM

I found and cut the old gray wire demon last night durin mainenance. In the manual it shows the black connector comming off the cdi at the bottom with the Black/White and the Gray wire. In the diagram it shows only the Black/White wire running out the other side. However the gray wire comes out the other side of the connector and appears to head to the rear of the bike. I cut the wire on the exit side of the connector.

Anyone know where this wire goes when it exits the connector.....(The manual doesn't)

Bonzai.... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_S

Posted July 31, 2001 - 01:18 PM

I never traced it out to where it goes, But by cutting it, it sure does the trick. You won't be disappointed!

• bonez34

Posted July 31, 2001 - 03:54 PM

i cut mine but haven't noticed any difference due to my lack of time to ride. our last ride we rode a track and honestly, my bike rarely ever gets pinned-it dosen't take much to get my 150lb a$$ goin on this thing. it has so much power everywhere that it was hard to notice. i bet on pavement the difference would be noticable but in the mud the wheel spins regardless. but i did notice when crusing down the road to the track that it didn't studder at mid rpm-steady throttle.

[This message has been edited by bonez34 (edited 07-31-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.