Big Blue Touch up Paint

11 replies to this topic
  • YamaCazi

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:14 AM

Anybody Know how to get some touch up paint to match 'ol Blue. I tore the beast down last night and noticed that on some of the welds the paint has come off where the joints have flexed and the side of the frame where my boots rubbed the paint off (Before Frame Guards) have some surface rust starting. :)

I just couldn't handle ol'Blue with the red cancer..... :D

Also does anyone know the size of the swing arm nut. I know it's bigger than a 21mm, I'll need to buy a socket for it and would rather not by a whole set....

Bonzai..... :D

• overthebars_again

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:24 AM

Go here http://www.hi-perspo...talog/dirtbike/

• YamaCazi

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:39 AM

Got it....Thanks Dude....

Bonzai... :)

• MOmilkman

Posted July 27, 2001 - 07:13 AM

Originally posted by YamaCazi:

Also does anyone know the size of the swing arm nut. I know it's bigger than a 21mm, I'll need to buy a socket for it and would rather not by a whole set....

Bonzai..... :)

If memory serves its 22mm.

Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• Rocky

Posted July 27, 2001 - 07:31 AM

Do you know what is the color code for the touchup paint?

• trailguy

Posted July 28, 2001 - 04:23 AM

PJ-1 sells Yamaha blue in a spray can, but its a two step process, @ $6.50 a can, you can order it out of the Chaparall catalog.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vic

Posted July 28, 2001 - 04:29 AM

I just purchased my can of PJ-1 Yamaha blue from my local dealer. The best price I found was at @ $5.99 a can. Let's just say that my dealer wouldn't meet their price and I paid $7.75 for the luxury of being able to paint the frame this weekend.

The color is exact and looks great and will be ready for my new frame guards today.

• JamesD

Posted July 28, 2001 - 05:04 AM

You need the PJ1 Yamaha Blue *AND* the PJ1 White Sandable Primer. If you don't apply white underneath the blue it comes out looking purble. At least that's what my dealer told me anyway.

• RoaDKill

Posted August 07, 2001 - 04:53 PM

99.9% sure it is 28mm, same as my YZ125, but I couldn't test as the wr isn't in my garage. I got a set that goes from 19 to 28mm at Sears for 30 bucks and it comes in handy quite often for working on clutches etc.

Get the PJ-1 for touchup, it is awesome, blended perfectly and is an identicle match, I didn't user the white PJ-1 primer cause I didn't know until I got the blue. I used a basic automotive gray primer and the PJ-1 stuck great and the color came out perfect - depending on the year you may also have to get the clear coat to get a perfect match. Any good site that sells it should tell you for your year if you need the clear.

• RoaDKill

Posted August 07, 2001 - 04:57 PM

Oh - almost forgot is a great place to get stuff, it's 5.99 a can and ships fast.

Posted August 08, 2001 - 03:48 AM

Thanks folks...Picked up a can of blue and a can of clear yesterday....Hopefully I can find some time before next sunday to get this done.....

Bonzai... :)

• Ga426owner

Posted August 08, 2001 - 04:02 AM

Bonzai, you are just going to wear it right off the next time you ride. I repaint mine when it is time to sell, otherwise it becomes a weekly 2cents

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.