AIS Again and Again Question?

6 replies to this topic
  • purluvwr450

Posted December 30, 2004 - 09:08 AM

I'm ordering the lowedag kit for the AIS system but I am going out for some rides before I get it and was wondering what your guys opinions would be on a thought I had to fix it temporarily. I was thinking of cutting the tube that goes from the AIS pump to the front of the exhaust port tube in half and getting a two sided plug of sorts and then placing it inside the ends of the tube that was cut and clamping the hose down on the plug on the both ends. I was thinkinhg that this plug would basically do the same thing as lowedogs kit without the nice clean look of throwing that piece of $h!t away. What are the opinions of the residing gurus on this site about this Ghetto Fix?

• mark2025

Posted December 30, 2004 - 09:27 AM

If you are going for a low $ fix, it may work to just remove (and plug) the small vacuum line that feeds the unit. Without this, it wouldnt be pumping any air (since the vacuum powers the unit). :cry:

But I have not tested this...just a theory... I ordered Lowedogs kit... looks very clean, I will be installing it this weekend. :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 30, 2004 - 09:51 AM

Just ride it as is until the Lowedog kit comes in. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bronco tim

Posted December 30, 2004 - 12:07 PM

Take the tube off the 90 on the front of the cyl.(exh. side) and tap it with an 1/8 inch pipe thread tap. Plug it with an 1/8 inch pipe plug and use pipe thread compound.Use a 1/8 inch vacuum cap on carb side of cylinder.And use a 1/2 vacuum cap on the 90 coming out of the airbox.I bought this all at napa very cheap,worked great.

• redrocket190

Posted December 30, 2004 - 12:17 PM

Where can I get this kit? Thanks...

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 30, 2004 - 02:29 PM

PM Lowedog for the kit. He uses Paypal. I think it is real fair at $30.00 :cry:

• purluvwr450

Posted December 30, 2004 - 03:30 PM

FYI, Istill plan on getting lowedogs kit but in the mean time I took a two sided bolt and put it between the tube going from the pump to the exhaust port, I cut the tude in half and threaded the bolt into both sides and zip-tied it on both sides. The Ghetto Fix(trade marked) worked pefectly, I just jetted yesterday and the bike ran way better and now that I have done this I have no backfire issues at all.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.