05 450, If you were doing it over

3 replies to this topic
  • Ranger_426F

Posted December 30, 2004 - 06:55 AM

I have a 05 YZ450 sitting in my garage at home and was wondering what to get for it that I don't already have, "been in Iraq for damn near a year". So my question is for those that have the bike and wish when they would have done something different or more than what they ended up doing to make it the way they want. Now I raide mostly MX and have a 02 426 that I can swap some stuff out.

Parts that will Swap:

JD Kit
Ironman 51 tooth Rear
DID ERT 520 chain

A new triple clamp and some protapers are on the list but I will wait until they are mission INOP first. Tires are also on the near term list.

• Thumper38

Posted December 30, 2004 - 07:54 AM

I think you hit all of the bases, I got the suspension done for my weight 218#s.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wayne_Thompson

Posted December 30, 2004 - 08:54 AM

My first worry was getting protection for the bike meaning the radiators. The first day I had the bike, I hadn't even started it yet and the wind caught and it fell over on a brick and caved in a radiator. :cry: I have since installed Rooster Performance radiator guards and skid plate. Also replaced stock oil filter with a Scott wire mesh reusable filter. :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted December 30, 2004 - 10:28 AM

I have a 05 YZ450 sitting in my garage at home and was wondering what to get for it that I don't already have, "been in Iraq for damn near a year". So my question is for those that have the bike and wish when they would have done something different or more than what they ended up doing to make it the way they want. Now I raide mostly MX and have a 02 426 that I can swap some stuff out.

Parts that will Swap:

JD Kit
Ironman 51 tooth Rear
DID ERT 520 chain

A new triple clamp and some protapers are on the list but I will wait until they are mission INOP first. Tires are also on the near term list.

A lot can be purchased to make it like you like. I would buy the Zipty adj fuel screw - maybe a Twin airpowerflow kit with powernow and power plus - this really works well with the JD Jetting kit - Suspension can be done to your liking - send it to Enzo for the best - a cam change will really help the 05 out - in the power dept then add a nice pipe .....this list can be endless......decide what is the end result you would like for your ride to be like then budget and buy! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.