tuning question (hey I searched first!!!)

5 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:08 AM

0-1/4 throttle sputters and dies
to me it sounds like not enough gas
but it could be to much
have paj at 2 1/2, 45 pilot stock needle setting stock main jet wb 8 discs stock header. running at 1000 alt.

I love this site!!!!

• Mr_Toyz

Posted July 27, 2001 - 05:58 AM

Check your plug, if looks at all too dark change it. Then come in on your fuel screw 1/4 turn at a time till the sputter is gone.

Mr T

• higgy426

Posted July 28, 2001 - 08:10 AM

I took the bike for a ride with a new plug and never went over 1/3 throttle when I pulled the plug it was black around the threads and whitish just on the tip of the bend that the electrode sparks to. so what next?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ynahg

Posted August 02, 2001 - 12:03 AM

Check the acc. pump and clean it, if this doesn't work change the needle pos (i would start by lifting the needle 1 clip...

Keep testing and testing and testing

Good luck

'99 WR400 F, YZ exhaust, throttle stop trimmed, WR timing, airbox cover removed

• James_Dean

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:11 AM

Try 2 - 2 1/4 turns out. What year is your bike? Stock needle number and clip position currently?

• higgy426

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:51 AM

2001 with stock needle and position

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.