trailtech problem

6 replies to this topic
  • don87xr600

Posted December 30, 2004 - 12:58 AM

anyone know of an aftermarket rotor that will accept the magnet for the computer?

• TimBrp

Posted December 30, 2004 - 04:30 AM

Don, call up Baja Designs. I was in awe that such an expensive product would mount up like junk. And they do. Baja Designs now has a 6mm bolt that will work with the sensor. It replaces one of your rotor bolts. I think drilling into your caliper mount is outrageous. I bought one and wish I hadn't. When I'm doing 70 on my pig I prefer the "readable" analog display anytime.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted December 30, 2004 - 12:26 PM

I was initially concerned about drilling into the rotor to install my speedo but it was a very small hole and I haven't run into any problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don87xr600

Posted December 30, 2004 - 01:32 PM

gee I drilled my caliper, you drilled your rotor? The rotor mounting bolts don't line up with the sensor. I had everything working but it's time for a new rotor.

• Mokuleia

Posted December 30, 2004 - 02:42 PM

I put mine in one of the oval existing holes with some epoxy. So far so good. Had to file off the sharp edges, then it was a nice snug fit. Later of course, I found the "C" clip in the bag which goes on the back of the magnet mount to hold it in place. Oh well, the epoxy is holding fine. A little hoky for a motorcycle I thought, but it works. Mine also came with a magnet bolt combo though no way to get it to line up.

Mark

• don87xr600

Posted December 30, 2004 - 03:42 PM

is your rotor aftermarket? if so what brand?

• Ramcc4x4

Posted December 30, 2004 - 10:47 PM

What I meant to say in my reply was that I didn't have any issue drilling into my CALIPER. Oops. My problem when I posted was not enough :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.