JD Jetting Kit?

2 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted December 29, 2004 - 11:55 PM

Ok, I think I might want to re-jet my 04 WR450. Really it runs quite well stock. No changes have been made to the carb and it has 550 miles on it now. What do I need to do and what sizes do I need. I'm new to this so I'd appreicate some help. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted December 30, 2004 - 04:15 AM

Jetting will depend on your mods. If it is running well just ride it as is. When she starts to run bad post a jetting question with mods and current weather/altitude. :cry:
Try 165 main, JD red #5, 48 pilot for winter in Arizona and basic mods. :cry:

• WRider995

Posted December 30, 2004 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, if it's running fine leave it alone. When you do the exhaust, etc you'll need to make adjustments, but until then who cares. You may have to fine tune it for winter riding.

The JD kit will give you two proprietary needles that you can only get from JD. There's a blue and a red one with a different taper to it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.