Just Bought WR, 10 questions

2 replies to this topic
  • funktree

Posted July 26, 2001 - 09:10 PM

Hi, I just bought a 01 WR426. I wont get it for a couple weeks. Its a canadian model. I had a some questions.
1. What kind of tires come on a canadian wr?
2. does a wr come with lights?
3. does a wr come with soft springs?
4. What kind of differnece does the yz timing make?
5. If I do the yz timing do I have to change any other settings? Jetting?
6. Ive heard the candian muffler is more restrictive, any ideas for opening it up, does anyone have a stock yz426 muffler for sale?
7. Anyone know of any good deals on yz tanks and seats?
8. Being a canadian model I dont have the throttle stop or grey wire, any other mods I should know about?
9. Any recommended setup tips for a new bike, should I regrease or ride awhile then regrease?
10. any purchases I should make? Im gonna buy a magnetic drain bolt before I run it. I would like some radiator guards, my last bike had a bent radiator within a few rides, the shrouds never fit the same. Any suggestions for a radiator guard. Ive seen two types. The brace behind type, and the coverall type, any pros or cons for either.

Thanks for all your help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crazyadam

Posted July 27, 2001 - 04:24 AM

hey there canadian, I do'nt know the details of the can. WR, but I know that the devol guards are worth the money! $230.00 per rad. but only $70 for the braces. the works conn. braces are ok but do not offer the same amount of protection.

• lewichris

Posted July 27, 2001 - 06:27 AM

Why didnt you just buy a yz if you are going to do all of those yz mods to it. yz's are less then a wr not to mention all the mods. Seems like common sence to me. I have a stock wr muffler if you are interested.but it is from a 98. it will work i believe.

Originally posted by funktree:
Hi, I just bought a 01 WR426. I wont get it for a couple weeks. Its a canadian model. I had a some questions.
1. What kind of tires come on a canadian wr?
2. does a wr come with lights?
3. does a wr come with soft springs?
4. What kind of differnece does the yz timing make?
5. If I do the yz timing do I have to change any other settings? Jetting?
6. Ive heard the candian muffler is more restrictive, any ideas for opening it up, does anyone have a stock yz426 muffler for sale?
7. Anyone know of any good deals on yz tanks and seats?
8. Being a canadian model I dont have the throttle stop or grey wire, any other mods I should know about?
9. Any recommended setup tips for a new bike, should I regrease or ride awhile then regrease?
10. any purchases I should make? Im gonna buy a magnetic drain bolt before I run it. I would like some radiator guards, my last bike had a bent radiator within a few rides, the shrouds never fit the same. Any suggestions for a radiator guard. Ive seen two types. The brace behind type, and the coverall type, any pros or cons for either.

Thanks for all your help

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.