Ergonomics

5 replies to this topic
  • bigbluerider

Posted December 29, 2004 - 11:44 AM

I have an 04 YZ450F with RG3 clamps and a Renthal Fatbar with a 608 bend. Love the clamps--great for the forearms and hands, but I can't stand up straight--I seem to have to lean too far down to reach the bars. I am 6'2" tall, which is probably causing the problem, but does anyone have any suggestions to help me with my ergo prob?

04 YZ450F
04 LTZ400 (wife)
05 CRF70 (daughter)
04 Viper 70 (son)

• motomike137

Posted December 29, 2004 - 03:33 PM

I'm not sure what 608 bend is but I'm about the same height as you and I run a Windham bend Pro Taper (it is a relatively tall bar without a lot of sweep)and like it very much. I think you can cross reference the bar bends by going to the Manufacturers web sites and looking at their charts. I would also make sure that you have the bar clamps for your RG#'s that move the bars forward and up. I also run a slightly taller seat. Some of the tall guys also do a little footpeg mod with the stock pegs that allows them to be lowered a little bit. All these things add up to a much better comfort/leverage factor for us tall guys.

• bigbluerider

Posted December 29, 2004 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for the info. I will check out RG3. I was going to replace my footpegs--I bent one already.... Do you know of any that are height adjustable?

Thanks

04 YZ450F
04 LTZ400 (wife)
05 CRF70 (daughter)
04 Viper 70 (son)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluerider450

Posted December 29, 2004 - 08:44 PM

im the smae height and have that problem too i dont know i was thinking about a pair of renthal highbends but i know im gonna probley need more then that to get that bars where i want them

• nzz900

Posted December 30, 2004 - 01:38 PM

Fastway F3 pegs can be stock height or you can flip the mount and lower them half an inch. I also agree with the bars. Pro taper pastrana bend I believe is the highest bend out there...

• motomike137

Posted December 31, 2004 - 10:41 AM

I think Pro Taper has two Pastrana bends actually. The real tall ones are his freestyle bend so be careful if you buy some. I chose the Windham bends based on Kevins stature being very similar to mine, plus I researched the numbers quite a bit also. I had previously run a McGrath bend but eventually realized I needed something taller and more forward.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.