2000 YZ426F Problem -- Please Help

7 replies to this topic
  • jumpinjerryk426f

Posted December 28, 2004 - 06:30 PM

The problem started as the throttle is snapped the engine coughs then powers up. When the throttle is rolled on it the power is all there!! :cry: Just when you need a quick snap it dies b4 accelerating. Does it at half throttle also. :lol:

I cleaned the carb. Twice, air filter is clean, tried to adj. the air screw and put in a new plug. I even changed the accelerator pump. No change in problem. :D

The new accelerator pump parts listing did not specify difference in the 4 different ones available, so the parts guy said order the first p/n, it should be the original one anyway. :cry: The new one came in with the number 3.7 on it. The one I took out of my bike is a 4.3. The throttle response was better but still has the snap cough. :D The parts guy wouldn't refund me the part for exchange for the 4.3. :cry:

Tonight when I started it, it was hard to start. It took about 3 kicks for it to fire off then die. Did it about 7 times. :D I got it to stay running by giving it some gas. It sounded like crap then. :cry: It ran, popped and backfired repeating in that order as long as I kept some gas to it. The eng. RPM was erratic but would not idle. :lol:

What's wrong?? :cry:

• WR426madness

Posted December 28, 2004 - 06:38 PM

On my 02 426 I cliped the A/P spring off at the bend on the cam side and rebent it this made the pump spring a little stonger. Then you will need to do the BK mod so you can adjust the duration of your A/P. do this and I promise you won't be sorry. Also you may need to bump up your pilot jet one size. If you need more info PM me.

• ThumpDave

Posted December 28, 2004 - 06:39 PM

sounds like its running lean - had the temp changed quite a bit

you might try to adjust your needle in the carb down (I believe) a notch and then get you an adjustable air screw like a (ZipTy)

• Matt96xr6

Posted December 28, 2004 - 09:25 PM

Do a search for the BK mod and get a Zipty fuel screw (or other brand extended unit).

The jetting is way off on the 2000 model. On mine, I did the BK mod and JD jetting kit. Then adjusted the fuel screw and there was no bog.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jumpinjerryk426f

Posted January 01, 2005 - 02:48 PM

I went to the track the day after my post and the popping and backfireing quit. :cry: The temp. was up about 25 deg. It ran real good except for the snap bog. :cry: I had plenty of power. Enough to have no problem landing the 100 ft. tabletop. :cry: I had to deal with the snap bog when taking 90 deg turns trying to snap out of them. :cry:

• John_Lorenz

Posted January 01, 2005 - 04:29 PM

I went to the track the day after my post and the popping and backfireing quit. :cry: The temp. was up about 25 deg. It ran real good except for the snap bog. :cry: I had plenty of power. Enough to have no problem landing the 100 ft. tabletop. :cry: I had to deal with the snap bog when taking 90 deg turns trying to snap out of them. :cry:

The Bog is a known issue in the 2000 two things you can do

1: get the 2001 Needle, this will clean up the mid snap

2: the GB mod is a must on the 2000 follow this Link GBMod

• SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted January 02, 2005 - 07:42 PM

the 2001 needle is the same clip wise it? it's just different in shape(correct wording?)?

• John_Lorenz

Posted January 03, 2005 - 07:59 AM

the 2001 needle is the same clip wise it? it's just different in shape(correct wording?)?

Mmm K :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.