2004 yz450 vs 2004 crf450

12 replies to this topic
  • FireMunkie23

Posted December 28, 2004 - 11:00 AM

i want to buy a new bike which is better? whats the difference between the 4 speed yamaha and the 5 speed honda? i ride everywhere trails, track, desert, dunes etc. which is a better choice?

• A11-YoU-SeE-Is-mY

Posted December 28, 2004 - 11:08 AM

Ok just so u know im not biased I like Yamaha and Honda. For the 250-f bikes I would have to go with the Yamaha. But for the 4 fidddy, get the Honda. It has really smooth power, and has enough power there if u need it for any one to tame. Plus that Showa suspension you can't go wrong there. Far as valves go....you might have to put in some kibble white valve set up. But that would be about the worst of it, if that. The yamaha has better reliability, and more power which is a postive for some a negative for others.=-]

• FireMunkie23

Posted December 28, 2004 - 11:16 AM

whats up with the 4 speed on the yamaha compared to the 5 speed on the honda? i heard the yamaha has a governor on it so the top speed isnt that great...

• BOOBOO

Posted December 28, 2004 - 11:28 AM

Yamaha= Power, Room, Stability, Reliability. The 4 speed is awsome! like riding an automatic!

Honda= Suspension, Cornering

Yamaha wins 4 to 2.

I've rode both of them. Yamaha without question.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 28, 2004 - 12:13 PM

whats up with the 4 speed on the yamaha compared to the 5 speed on the honda? i heard the yamaha has a governor on it so the top speed isnt that great...

WHAT????????????? 4speed is awesome for MX. 5speed is better for woods/desert......

Buy a KTM!!!! :cry:

• bluerider450

Posted December 28, 2004 - 02:33 PM

the yamaha isnt missng 5th gear its missing 1st the yamaha has plenty of top end more then the crf if you ask me as far as govenore they all have rev limitors
im going with yamaha but i dont take any credit away from the crf its a great bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted December 28, 2004 - 03:03 PM

the yamaha isnt missng 5th gear its missing 1st the yamaha has plenty of top end more then the crf if you ask me as far as govenore they all have rev limitors
im going with yamaha but i dont take any credit away from the crf its a great bike

Ditto what he said.

Both bikes will kick butt in anything you wish to do. Setup is a must on either bike as well. IMO for woods on either Bike 4 or 5 speed a Rekluse clutch is the Primo setup. works for MX as well, but it will make each bike into a woods missile

To me its either one of two choices

1: Color you like
or
2: Brand Loyalty

I go with 2 so its Yamaha :cry:

• FireMunkie23

Posted December 28, 2004 - 03:12 PM

Which one would get off the line quicker on a dirt track? the blue or the red? and which one would get off the line quicker in the sand? the blue or the red?

• John_Lorenz

Posted December 28, 2004 - 03:27 PM

Which one would get off the line quicker on a dirt track? the blue or the red? and which one would get off the line quicker in the sand? the blue or the red?

Depends on the rider

If you watched the Nats you would had seen hole shots taken by Chad Reed (yzf 450) Charmicheal (CRF 450) , Windham (CRF 450) and Villium (YZF 450)

• bluerider450

Posted December 28, 2004 - 03:34 PM

yeah thats a question that cant reall be answered because its rider way the bikes hooking up like tired sprokets and all that stuff iv seen kid get the whole shot on a ktm 85 over a yz250 and a yz250f

• FireMunkie23

Posted December 28, 2004 - 03:46 PM

im leaning towards the honda so far. most people say it rides nicer and the power is smoother and it has a 5th gear... any input on that?

• bluerider450

Posted December 28, 2004 - 03:55 PM

on of me previoce responces is you wont notice theres not 5th gear and yeah thats true honda smoother i woundet worry about the gearing there more important things while choosing a bike then justr gearing

• FireMunkie23

Posted December 28, 2004 - 05:12 PM

its snowing in big bear california about 30 mins from my house. im gonna forget about the dirtbike and go snowboarding. peas!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.