oil change help

4 replies to this topic
  • trailsnail85

Posted December 28, 2004 - 09:31 AM

ok well i just got an 03 wr450 and need to do an oil change on it but don't know how. I have searched for it and can't find the procedure online anywhere and i son't have the owners manual yet. I am going to change the filter to. A procedure, the amount of oil needed and maybe some torque specs would be great.
Thanks alot.

• Jim_bo

Posted December 28, 2004 - 09:58 AM

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the engine. There is also a drain plug on the frame oil tank. Drain both of those. Change the filter on the right side of the engine. Put in 1 quart of oil, start it up and allow it to run for a minute. Check oil level with the dipstick on the left side of the frame (in front of gas tank).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailsnail85

Posted December 28, 2004 - 11:25 AM

is the crankcase drain plug the bolt that faces the rear of the bike the bottom of the crankcase? And to fill the bike do you pour the oil in the hole that has the blck plug in it on the left side of the engine?
thanks and sorry newb questions!

• Wayne_Thompson

Posted December 28, 2004 - 02:08 PM

Something else you might want to consider is getting a Scott wire screen oil filter. You don't have to replace it everytime you change to oil, just clean it. Where I live, the disposable oil filter is $20. You will pay about $70 for the Scott filter but it is well worth it.

• alfie

Posted December 29, 2004 - 02:40 AM

Take a look at www. thumperfaq .com this a wr based web site and is full usefull info and should be helpfull.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.