Tire Pressure

4 replies to this topic
  • NewBee

Posted December 28, 2004 - 04:00 AM

I checked the tire pressure of my bikes yesterday. It was the first time since I picked them up at the dealer in May. I discovered that the tire pressure that the dealer had in the tires was 13.5psi in the front and 23.5psi in the rear. The manual says 15psi for both. Does the dealer know something that the manufacturer doesn't? Is the pressure suppose to be 15psi? Any suggestions. :cry: :cry:

• katoom125

Posted December 28, 2004 - 04:48 AM

depends where/how you ride (and sometimes the type of tire), but I never run more than 12-13 lbs. front and rear and often less, especially the rear.

Often the dealer may not even check the tire pressure if it looks reasonably close -- I took delivery of a CRF in the crate and both tires were approx 30 lbs. from the factory - way too much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted December 28, 2004 - 06:29 AM

High speed desert: 21 front , 18 rear
rocky terrain : 18 front 15 rear
intermediate : 15 front 12 rear
sand and mud : 12 front , 10 rear

• huskyrider

Posted December 28, 2004 - 10:15 PM

High speed desert: 21 front , 18 rear
rocky terrain : 18 front 15 rear
intermediate : 15 front 12 rear
sand and mud : 12 front , 10 rear

That's what I like about this site.
Excellent advice from knowledgeable members. :cry:
You can't do any better than these pressures.
A good rule of thumb is to up the pressure about 5 to 7 from your norm for pinchflat resistance on high speed or rocky rides.

See Ya,
Kelly

• NewBee

Posted December 29, 2004 - 04:16 AM

Your right about the advice part. I love this site cause every question I have asked has had an excellent answer after much debate.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.