Shipping a XR650R Help!

6 replies to this topic
  • jcoyne97222

Posted December 27, 2004 - 06:28 AM

I just purchase a new XR for my Christmas present and need to ship it from the LA area to Portland. I have a friend who is doing the shipping but am curious as to what flluids should be drained. Gas, oil, coolant? We are trying to get a crate from the local Honda dealer before we build one. Any advise would be helpful.

• YZFnwithme

Posted December 27, 2004 - 07:11 AM

I'm receiving my new (to me) BRP from Allied Van Lines in the next hour or so. They just ask that you drain the gas before they pick it up. If there's any chance of the bike seeing sub-freezing temps, I'd make sure the anti-freeze is adequate.

• sportbiker929

Posted December 27, 2004 - 07:14 AM

I have shipped 2 sportbikes with Allied. Rode them there to the warehouse. I haven't needed to drain anything. Allied is the way to go. You can save $$$ if you drop it off at their warehouse.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcoyne97222

Posted December 27, 2004 - 07:45 AM

I have a shipping quote through my work for $135.00 This is using a regular frieght company which means I will need to have it crated. Also who knows how many times the crate could get tipped over. How expensive is Allied?
The Bike is brand new so the Anti freeze should be good.

• mjlang

Posted December 27, 2004 - 09:45 AM

I've used Forward Air. They have special metal crates for shipping bikes. I shipped a VFR 800 from San Diego to Milwaukee for 450 bucks. I took the bike to the shipper, strapped it in to a crate and they had it there in four days.

• Husky_Forever

Posted December 28, 2004 - 02:12 AM

I bought an vintage Husky from Portland, Ore. and had it shipped Forward air from there to San Diego. Cost was $300.00 and the seller boxed it for me.

• 6fiddy

Posted December 28, 2004 - 02:04 PM

try a google search for iron horse transport. i used them and they were AWESOME!! and the cheapest too!! :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.