Jet Washing

7 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted December 26, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Question Peeps... Whats the Do's and don't for Jet washing your bike after a Ride???????????????? :cry:

• endurodog

Posted December 26, 2004 - 04:05 PM

Don't get water down the pipe. If you have and o-ring chain don't direct the stream at that. Don't hit the bearings with the stream i.e. suspension, wheel or steering bearings.

• mousemeat

Posted December 27, 2004 - 06:12 AM

dont hit the airbox hole or casing weep hole either.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 27, 2004 - 06:32 AM

If it's a hot day, and your girlfriend/wife has some hottie friends over, set the pressure washer to a gentle spray setting. Then hose 'em down, and presto, instant wet t-shirt comp'. :cry: Hope this helps :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted December 27, 2004 - 08:36 AM

As they said.

Plug your exhaust pipe, the air box hole on the right side of your bike, and the 1/8" weep hole on the side of your engine head.

Be careful in general. A pressure washer will squeeze water past the o-rings on your chain, the boots on your carburator, and past the bearings on your wheels if you get over zealous.

After I'm done washing a bike, I remove the air-box cover to mop up any water that got in there, and use compress air to blow out the weep hole and to dry off the chain.

It would be wise to lube the chain right away.

• dangermouse007

Posted December 27, 2004 - 08:52 AM

Used the Hose pipe and it did the job... not really a fan of Preassure washer on bikes, cover the bike in WD40 after and brake cleaner on the Brakes...

We have Frost/Ice and Mud here... what a laught

• Steviejay01

Posted December 27, 2004 - 12:14 PM

He aint ****ing sucks down this end.......hey dangermouse..... PM me your e-mail.

Wanna introduce you to a little Supermoto group down here in the solent, you gonna ride yours on the street/greenlanes or just as a dirtbike??

• dangermouse007

Posted December 27, 2004 - 12:36 PM

Detail sent Chat soon ...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.