Grey Wire

6 replies to this topic
  • Robert_Brazil

Posted July 26, 2001 - 07:10 AM

I am seeking optimal performance for my WR426 2001. I read below that someone suggested disconnecting a so called "grey wire".

Can someone tell me what the function of the Grey Wire is, where is it located (best disconnection spot), can it cause any damage? Tks!

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 26, 2001 - 07:12 AM

grey (gray) wire is apparently only on the U.S. bikes. It screws up the ignition timing to meet U.S. emission (or noise?) standards.

Use "Search" for the grey wire.

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• z4me

Posted July 26, 2001 - 07:12 AM

If your WR is a non-US model - forget it.
The grey wire is for detunign the US models only.

- Sean

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:45 AM

Photo of Gray wire on WR400F 1999 model. Under Tank (Right Side)

• Ga426owner

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:50 PM

now that is a nice picture Bill!

• Pyroted

Posted August 06, 2001 - 08:47 AM

I concur about the Pic. No duobt which wire is grey. Or is it gray.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 06, 2001 - 09:10 PM

PyroTed, see the double connector? 1 black/white wire & one grey wire-that looks white in this picture, closest to the blue frame. Cut or remove the grey wire from the connector, insulate w/ elect tape, you are set. Now go roost!!!!!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.