Edelbrock carb fit with larger tank & damper

6 replies to this topic
  • gnnova

Posted December 26, 2004 - 04:18 AM

I'm looking at getting an edelbrock carb for my BRP. But I later want to also get a larger tank. I've heard that there are fit problems between the edelbrock carb and some tanks. Any recommendations on a 3.2 or 4 gal tanks. Also fit with a scotts steering damper.

• jws

Posted December 26, 2004 - 08:19 AM

i have an edelbrock with a clarke 4.3 and GPR stabilizer without any fit problems - my buddy has the same tank and a scotts without any problems either :cry:

jeff :cry:

• BWB63

Posted December 26, 2004 - 09:15 AM

If you get the Scott's don't get the post that goes on the oil dip stick housing. It is a pain in the rear.

Under the bar mount for Scott's Click Here: :cry:

XR650R Site Click Here: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted December 26, 2004 - 10:50 AM

I've had no Edelbrock fitment problems and I've used the Clarke 4.3, the IMS4.6 and the IMS 3.2 tanks. I also have Scotts and GPR 1 & 2 dampers and they all fit fine. I prefer the IMS 3.2 tank because of its physical size and it gives me enough range for what I'm doing. The Clarke 4.3 tank I had bolted right up without any issues, but the IMS tanks require one of the radiator shrouds to be slightly trimmed for it to fit correctly. If you have a California bike, then you'll have to remove the PAIR's emissions components from your bike for the Clarke 4.3 to fit whether you have an Edelbrock or not, but that's something you'd probably want to do anyway.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted December 26, 2004 - 07:21 PM

I too have no problems with the Edelbrock, GPR stabilizer and the 4.6 gal. IMS fuel tank.

• mikekay

Posted December 26, 2004 - 10:27 PM

no fitment problems with 3.2, 4.6 IMS tanks, or the Acerbis 6 and 3.2.

longer cables are a good idea (but not mandatory) if you use the GPRv2 stabilizer--or just run very high bars/risers....edelbrock has them.

• gnnova

Posted December 27, 2004 - 04:05 AM

Thanks guys. This is the info I was looking.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.