650L vs 600R stator

3 replies to this topic
  • beer_studd_76

Posted December 25, 2004 - 08:37 PM

according to the info i've gotten here, the 91 and newer stators are better than the older ones. but what about a pre 91 stator from a 650L?

jeremiah

• michaeln

Posted December 26, 2004 - 04:53 AM

what about a pre 91 stator from a 650L?

There is no such thing. The first year of production for the XR650L was 1993.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beer_studd_76

Posted December 26, 2004 - 11:08 PM

There is no such thing. The first year of production for the XR650L was 1993.

well i'll be damned. how about an older 600L stator?

• HairyScary

Posted December 27, 2004 - 01:33 AM

The stator on current XR650L are three phase. I can't say if they always were, or if the old XL600 were. THree phase stators are different in that instead of wrapping one pole right after the next, you wrap one, skip two and then wrap the next. Then you start all over again from 2nd pole, skip 2 and wrap the next; finally start over with #3, skip 2 and wrap the next. A three phase regulator/rectifier has three input leads (usually yellow) and usually bigger fins -- most street bikes are 3 phase. A three phase stator usually has more poles than a single phase stator.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.