FeedBack on Wet Sump Mod

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumper728

Posted December 25, 2004 - 04:37 PM

Is it a good idea to change over to a wet sump on my 01 yz426

• Satch0922

Posted December 25, 2004 - 05:17 PM

this subject has been discussed alot here and the bottom line is ...NO.

You will sacrifice reliability for a few pounds that only SERIOUS (pro or expert level) riders will notice or benefit from. And let's face it......no pro or expert level riders are running around on 426's these days.

I had the opportunity to wet sump my 426 and passed on it....I am glad I did. You can save as much weight by purchasing an aftermarket pipe or a carbon fiber airbox. Those are worth doing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harry Paratestes

Posted December 25, 2004 - 09:05 PM

If you were looking to create the ultimate 426, and were willing to change the oil every hour on the hour, and clean/change the filter with it and were willing to accept potentially lesser reliability,and were doing all the other weight saving titanium carbon fiber stuff, then yeah. Course the point is moot because Dr.D no longer makes the kit. If you want the ultimate 426,it's called the 04 YZ450F.

• indiandunes

Posted December 26, 2004 - 11:00 AM

[quote name='If you want the ultimate 426,it's called the 04 YZ450F.[/QUOTE']

That says it all. At least for motocross<4 speed

• Thumper728

Posted December 26, 2004 - 01:56 PM

Thanks thats what I wanted to know.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.