Power now power now plus??

4 replies to this topic
  • bluerider450

Posted December 25, 2004 - 10:29 AM

do any ofyou guys have that new power now or power now plus i was thinknig of getting it . and i was woundering will it still give the same noticable effect in throttle responce and low to mid range power and are the power now and power now plus a set or can you only use one or the other they claim its the best power for theprice but i dont know if they are talking stock bikes or bikes with aready after market parts any feed backwould be great thanks guys :cry:

• condog_aus

Posted December 25, 2004 - 12:08 PM

Go to the 250f Sitemap and look up the james now mod.

Its a link on how to make your own power now or power now plus for free.

http://www.thumperfa...s/JamesNOW!.pdf

Some blokes love them, some hate them. Most seemed to hate the original, but once they drilled the hole liked it. Most agree it adds to bottom end.

Or hears a link about them.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=199612

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluerider450

Posted December 25, 2004 - 12:23 PM

Go to the 250f Sitemap and look up the james now mod.

Its a link on how to make your own power now or power now plus for free.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/sitemap.htm

Some blokes love them, some hate them. Most seemed to hate the original, but once they drilled the hole liked it. Most agree it adds to bottom end.

so if i buy the power now and drill that hole it willmake that work even better?? then what baout the power now plus i can still get that right??
but anybody with it how do you guys like it? i wanna get it but scared its a waist of money

• condog_aus

Posted December 25, 2004 - 12:56 PM

I just edited my link,use the pdf link. Id make my own its so simple.

• grayracer513

Posted December 26, 2004 - 09:00 AM

The Power Now and its clones/offspring are intended to improve the part throttle engine response from idle up to about half throttle. This helps a lot in a screeching top end engine with weak low speed characteristics, like the 250F, but, since the big YZFs don't have any such problem, I don't think it will help much.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.