Wrecked Xr650r frame and mso

8 replies to this topic
  • thouk

Posted December 25, 2004 - 03:37 AM

Hey Everybbody,
Does anyboby have a trashed Xr650r frame and mso or title that they would like to sell? I bought a bike that does not have a vin. It was ground off. I want to register the bike without having to use my old Xr600r vin. Thanks for the help, Tony
P.s. $900 for a new frame is not what I want to do....

• targetdrone

Posted December 25, 2004 - 11:28 AM

Hey Everybbody,
I bought a bike that does not have a vin. It was ground off.

Why? :cry: If it were legally obtained, such as a police auction, they would have put #'s on it.

You are encouraging bike thieves. :cry: :cry:

If you were to get caught riding it, it would be impounded, and rightfully so. :cry:

I've bought bikes without title, and gotten the registered owner to sign a release, but I would NEVER one without numbers.

Consider this an expensive lesson. :cry:

• thouk

Posted December 25, 2004 - 02:51 PM

Yes I know that. I bought the bike while I was in Italy doing my Reserve time for the year. I got it on Ebay. I should have asked if it had the mso or title. What is weird is that the guy who sold it to me, his mom is a notary. I don't think that he stole the bike because of that but before that I don't know. I feel for the guy if someone did loose the bike. It is a lesson learned. Thanks, Tony

• mikekay

Posted December 25, 2004 - 03:24 PM

ebay sucks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted December 25, 2004 - 05:14 PM

factory race bikes have the numbers ground off...was it an american honda 650?

• thouk

Posted December 25, 2004 - 06:07 PM

Yes it is but I don't think it is a race bike. I just might go the way of buying a new frame to make it somewhat legal....

• RingKingPin

Posted December 25, 2004 - 06:22 PM

Mike, you gotta be kidding me, what is your beef with ebay? I've found a lot of good deals and sold a lot of stuff there. I think it's great! :cry:

• don87xr600

Posted December 25, 2004 - 07:12 PM

Nothing wrong with ebay, buying a frame with the VIN ground off is way wrong!

• mackmack

Posted December 27, 2004 - 05:36 PM

I'm buying a bike to part out call my cell 606-367-1362 leave message if no answer . If anyone else needs parts call me

Mackie

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.