Corbin Seat for the 650L

4 replies to this topic
  • lrutt

Posted December 24, 2004 - 10:30 AM

I've searched about lowering the L. I've pretty much ruled out the lowering link because of it's effect on the suspension. The Corbin seat is an option. About $150 more than a link, but if I could get 1.5" lower, and more comfortable to boot, it would be worth it.

After searching I've gotten some mixed signals, seems as though the Corbin may or may not lower the 650L.

Anyone have one and can provide some input?

• 1biglung

Posted December 24, 2004 - 12:47 PM

I have one for my L and it is cut lower up against the tank where you would be riding in the dirt. I also have the stock seat and have been using it because it is higher. My legs are a little cramped while sitting with the Corbin.

One thing that is nice is it is narrow up by the tank and widens out further back. It's more comfortable for the long rides. Mine is also slippery leather. The stock has better grab

It is a seat the prior owner of my bike bought and is a 94-95 seat. I am not sure if they have changed through the years.

I am in So Cal if nearby you can try it out if you want.

Here's a pic

Seat Pic

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lrutt

Posted December 24, 2004 - 01:03 PM

so how much lower do you think you sit compared to the stocker. That is a good plus in that a person could swap seats so quickly and easily.

• roadcam

Posted December 24, 2004 - 01:29 PM

you may not want to give up on a lowering link ... I havent installed the Kouba-Link I bought yet, but Im reading very good comments about its handling improvement, in addition to 1.75" lowering ... see what you think ... www.koubalink.com

• 1biglung

Posted December 25, 2004 - 09:38 AM

My guess is about 1 1/2'" when up by the front of the seat.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.