Wr400f Frame Number/uk Registering

3 replies to this topic
  • digbys

Posted December 24, 2004 - 02:55 AM

HI!
I have recently bought a wr400f beleived to be a 98 bike, the frame number is JYACH01W3WA001674 the bike has only had off road use, i wish to put it on the road in the uk. my problem is yamaha uk have no knowlege of such a frame number??? does anyone have any suggestions for proving the age of the bike as this is required for me to apply for a v5 log book. thanks.. john

• mousemeat

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:55 PM

yamaha will be of little help. I think there is a place called classic services. Much of it is described on veggie dave's racing site. Easy to find in google.

Also, i suggest taking it somewhere rural. My mates have plated bikes in wales and hardly needed anything. I had an import that i tried to register in wimbledon. It took four trips and was a nightmare.

Good luck. PM me if you have any more q's

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • coldweld

Posted December 26, 2004 - 05:12 AM

Rochdale is Rural.

Contact your local DVLA licenceing office they will have a deadecated person to help you and are usually very helpfull

• Gadsen

Posted December 26, 2004 - 11:50 AM

JYACH01W3WA001674

OK, the VIN has a year designator. Its the last letter "W" (tenth digit) which makes it a 98. Yamaha could get you the rest of the breakdown. The last set after the "W" or year designator is just the serial number, i e A001674, so it was the 1,674th WR400 in 98 at that plant to come down the line.

I imported a 04 WR450F from Canada and that VIN didnt show up on the data base, they just asked me what the model was. I told them, and it was done. But of course, I did have a title for it too. Do you have a title for the frame?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.