05 WR450 Questions

12 replies to this topic
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:28 PM

Gentlemen.. :cry:

Picking up the new 05 450 Friday :cry: forming a plan of action to spend more money.. :cry: Does any manufacture make radiator guards, frame guards, shark fins for the 05 yet? How about triple clamps? Thanks :cry:

• PSDCOOL

Posted December 23, 2004 - 10:09 PM

Unibiker for Radiator guards.. Fits great easy to install and good protection.

• simica

Posted December 23, 2004 - 10:36 PM

Work Connection frame guards for the '04 fit perfectly on the '05. But as far as triple clamps go, I bought Applied top clamp (Wrap) for an '04 and it didn't fit the new fork tubes after being told that it would. I couldn't believe that a company like Applied would sell something that they didn't check out first. I'm sure it will be a while before a clamp co. has one available since they will need to make a new mold.

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 24, 2004 - 01:56 PM

Thanks..picked up the bike, looks great.. :cry: feels like about half the power of my 400. The dealer gave me a yz throttle stop, but no gtr end cap yet :cry: Getting ready to dial in the carburetor, won't ride it until the armor is on..(hit tree's).. :cry: The handle bars even feel good on this bike.. :cry:

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:11 PM

Unibiker for Radiator guards.. Fits great easy to install and good protection.

Where do I purchase unibiker guards?

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:38 PM

www.unabiker.com

Call Brian if you dont see your model on his web site.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:42 PM

Where do I purchase unibiker guards?

THUMPER TALK STORE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted December 24, 2004 - 06:48 PM

Dom, i rode a 04 450, with all the mods and a GYTR insert and liked the feel but the power was different. Seemed a little higher geared than the 400's but not a huge jump in power. Let me know once you get it dialed in what your thoughts on the power are. I am going to jump ship and step it up to a 525 orange bike or maybe a 300 smoker.

Had my bike sold till the guy realized his wife spent the money on some stupid property taxes.

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 25, 2004 - 10:56 AM

Dom, i rode a 04 450, with all the mods and a GYTR insert and liked the feel but the power was different. Seemed a little higher geared than the 400's but not a huge jump in power. Let me know once you get it dialed in what your thoughts on the power are. I am going to jump ship and step it up to a 525 orange bike or maybe a 300 smoker.

Had my bike sold till the guy realized his wife spent the money on some stupid property taxes.

I rode the KTM 450 SX and EXC 2004's, they had less power than my 400. The only bikes that ran as good or better were a 02 400SX and a 03 525SX. The WR's tuned to YZ specs are runners, it will take some time get the bike to where I want. The lack of throttle responce may save my old body.. :cry: Some people need to set priorities, the property tax could have waited.. :cry: Take care

Domenic

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 25, 2004 - 11:00 AM

Every time I look at this bike I find somehting weird.. :cry: I have a D756 rear tire and a D739 front.. :cry: seems like it should be reversed, any other 05 with this combo? Going to re-jet the bike right now and lube the steering head bearings. The front fender is out of alignment with the tire, going to see whats going on with that. Merry Xmas :cry:

Domenic

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted December 26, 2004 - 08:54 AM

Dom did you ever get on a 300 exc or a 525 exc?

• Domenic_WRF

Posted December 26, 2004 - 09:38 AM

Dom did you ever get on a 300 exc or a 525 exc?

525 EXC best all round bike I have ever riden :cry: never rode a two stroke ktm. I'm too heavy and slow now for a two stroke.. :cry:

I jetted and uncorked the 450, it runs like a 450 should now.. :cry:

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted December 26, 2004 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, you shouldn't have even ridden that thing till you got the jets done, air box taken care of exhaust uncorked.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.