difference between WR 400 & YZ 426?

2 replies to this topic
  • inte

Posted December 23, 2004 - 08:33 PM

What's the difference between these models? New to Yamaha.

Is it anything like the difference between an XR 400R & the XR 400L (is one more street-oriented & the other more race-bred)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450high

Posted December 25, 2004 - 02:49 AM

26 ccs? whoops. I have a 450 and had a 426 before that the 426 went like a rocket especially a mean strek at half throttle.The 450 is smoother and torquer and i think a little easier to ride.But there nothing like the 426 to scare the crap out of you when you least exspect a big hit.The 400 goes o.k but the the 426 is mean and would take one over the 400 any day .Do i prefer the 450 over the 426 ? that is a hard call.The electric start is great but there was just something i loved about my 426 maybe someone could convert the 426 to electric start the i would go back.( must be getting old? _). Sorry for the long reply but it's a bit more to think about. Go the 426.

• 5valve

Posted December 26, 2004 - 12:18 AM

there isnt such diffrence as with R an L
they are both competition bikes suited to their environments - track, woods and both can be used elswhere with little mods and better rider capability

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.