Any suggestions...

12 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:25 PM

Over the winter I am tearing down the whole bike. The frame is going to get powdercoated blue. I got oem graphics all new plastics. I dont know what color to paint parts of the engine. I was thinking of the clutch cover being polished w/ yzblue on the outside as the same on the valve cover and the ignition cover.
I am also debating on polishing everything up or the brshed aluminum look.
Any Suggestions: Frame color etc???

• John_Lorenz

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Over the winter I am tearing down the whole bike. The frame is going to get powdercoated blue. I got oem graphics all new plastics. I dont know what color to paint parts of the engine. I was thinking of the clutch cover being polished w/ yzblue on the outside as the same on the valve cover and the ignition cover.

Pavel

I am wondering

Who finances your appetite?

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:43 PM

have the covers anodized. Dont paint them.

• yz400fl1

Posted December 23, 2004 - 10:12 PM

Brushed aluminum is a little more tough and does not show flaws as much as polished. I like the polished look, but hey what ever floats your boat.

• DoctorRzed

Posted December 24, 2004 - 04:05 AM

Pavel

I am wondering

Who finances your appetite?

Myself :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted December 24, 2004 - 07:09 AM

I like the powdercoating idea, either Yamaha Blue or Grey looks trick! ..............the rest of it is will make your ride look like a Guetto Blaster........... :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted December 24, 2004 - 08:00 AM

Guetto Blaster

David, What the Hell is a "Guetto" ????

You should live down here on the Southside of Atlanta with the rest of us poor folks and you would know how to spell it correctly :cry:

Rich Boys...... Geeze! :cry:

Merry Christmas Brother.....

Bonzai :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted December 24, 2004 - 01:22 PM

Bonzai i am trying to be politically correct and non offending.......geez...some people can not take a joke or a little humor.....as you well know Brother! :cry:

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you also, my friend! :cry: ....and to the weather god.....please warm up soon so I can go ride again........ :cry:

• ward63

Posted December 24, 2004 - 01:40 PM

Polish everything, paint doesnt last. I have polished my clutch cover, and I got an anodized ignition cover. the anodizing last ok, but it is still coming off. clutch cover looks trick.

• danstorm801

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:07 PM

GYT-R Clutch Cover is pretty cool looking.

• yz426onNOS

Posted December 24, 2004 - 08:11 PM

Chrome the frame. Then get yellow and black plastics and old graphics. The rest of the bike can be chromed and anodized black. That would look sweet.

• 426mankiller

Posted December 24, 2004 - 08:40 PM

This looks good on a dirtbike, especially on a [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]yamaha blue[/COLOR] background:
antiquing the engine side covers with your boots
underside of the fenders dirt black
grassy green highlights hanging from the skid plate
metallic looking spots on the finish of your bar protectors

• Ga426owner

Posted December 25, 2004 - 03:13 PM

This looks good on a dirtbike, especially on a [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]yamaha blue[/COLOR] background:
antiquing the engine side covers with your boots
underside of the fenders dirt black
grassy green highlights hanging from the skid plate
metallic looking spots on the finish of your bar protectors

yea because after all it is a FRIGGIN BIRTBIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.