Fork sub tanks/Sub Frame cutting

7 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted December 23, 2004 - 02:11 PM

Do fork sub tanks make any noticeable difference? :cry: I talked to a suspension guy localy and he recommended them. :cry: He said that they would greatly improve the steering characteristics of my 450. :cry:

Also, has anyone ever trimmed there Sub Frame. I know a lot of the factory teams do that. Does this make any noticeable difference to the average racer :cry: Do you have to be Tim Ferry to notice it?

• TonyDeCoster

Posted December 23, 2004 - 08:09 PM

I've got subtanks on my '01 426 and they were an improvement. But I'm going to get both ends revalved this winter. I think they'll work even better once the valving is straightened out. I ovalled out the lower mounts on the subframe to lower the seat height a bit. It dropped it about a half an inch. You'll only need this mod if your a shorty like RC or me :cry:

• RippinInColorado

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:19 PM

I had Enzo do my front and rear, with sub-tanks. I love'em. Best $$ ever spent on a motocrosser.

• Airastro

Posted December 24, 2004 - 08:16 AM

I have a Too Tech Racing sub tank system for sale, $125.00 plus shipping.

Email me if interested: airastro@msn.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dunecj2a

Posted December 26, 2004 - 08:39 PM

Yeah thanx on the advice. I fall into the RC class for height too. It probably doesnt help much that I weigh 165 either :cry: My local shop will chop the subframe for $50, I think I will try that before I beg :cry: my wife for the subtanks........Thanx again. Go ride :cry:

• BC3

Posted December 27, 2004 - 10:56 AM

when I got my bike lowered it made a big difference and I still have plenty of travel
front and rear......I guess if your a JUMPER you won't want to sacrifice ANY travel
but for trail riding or rough scrambles mine works great.......

BC

• JohnB

Posted December 27, 2004 - 07:21 PM

Sub Tanks.... Build your own.
Do a search for "sub tanks", there's plenty of info on TT. It's one of those things you do and wonder why you didn't do it before.

JohnB

• racer8

Posted December 27, 2004 - 07:28 PM

Guys.
I`ve got a complete 01 yz426 suspension for sale if interested in spare parts.
Forks,rear shock,swing arm,blue sub frame.
Cheap!!!
Al.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.