Oil-level

3 replies to this topic
  • jaffie

Posted July 25, 2001 - 12:18 PM

Can anyone tell me how it comes that the oil-level isn't correct when i look at it. It is always too high. Only when i wait a few days then it is correct.
Is it possible that there are air bubbles or something like that.

• Carl_Youngstrom

Posted July 25, 2001 - 01:35 PM

You check the oil after the bike is ran.
I believe my manual states to start the bike and run it for more than three minutes. Turn it off, then wait one minute and check the oil.
If your oil level is correct on the dip stick after the bike has set for a couple days, you have too much oil in it. It shouldn't read anywhere near full after it has set that long.
Total oil after an oil and filter change is 1.7qts U.S., if my memory is correct.
Carl

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted July 25, 2001 - 03:52 PM

Jaffie,

I would guess that your overfull. You may want to drain the bike and start over. I change my oil and put in 1.7 QTs and forget about it until the next change.

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• YamaCazi

Posted July 26, 2001 - 07:19 AM

If the oil is that high, It should be venting overboard out the breather tube and making a hell of a mess?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.