back firing on my 05

1 reply to this topic
  • paulson

Posted December 22, 2004 - 06:52 PM

I washed and parked my bike about one mo ago and went to start it the other day and it ran like crap. It is back firing on decell really bad, about 1/4 steady idle it pops and misses. turn on the chock and it runs ok wont start w/o chock at all. (stock bike) I tried cleaning carb out (x8) cleaned accelerator pump (x8) ended up just putting new jets in. pulled all harness connections and blow them out with air and put some wd-40 on in case i picked up moisture, put new exhaust gasket on and sealed mid joint incase of leak, fresh gas all stock jets went back in temp about 70 in shop bike ran great for about 15 hrs its almost still new. dealer doesnt know what is wrong either. oh and i changed the plug (x2). starting to wonder about these thumpers my 04 was still sucking dirt in the carb when it went back to the dealer that bike never did run right. any one have an idea.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stainlessTT

Posted December 22, 2004 - 07:12 PM

That bike was made on a monday morning or a friday afternoon. Contact Yamaha and tell them the dealer won't fix it right. Yamaha will light a fire under the dealer's a$$ and the dealer will fix it if they want to stay a yamaha dealer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.