06 yz

18 replies to this topic
  • paulson

Posted December 22, 2004 - 03:40 PM

everyone probably knows this already but i talked to my dealer today and he said the new yz will have the aluminum frame in 06 for sure and they kept the oil in the frame they were talking about separate sumps at one time i guess. he was saying that they are testing fuel injection (Dr D) and are working the bugs out, possibly having it on the 06 but was not sure he said this was from a friend at the steel city test track what ever that is.

• bluerider450

Posted December 22, 2004 - 03:43 PM

oil in the aluminum frame will be a different thing to see. wouldent the fuel injection take some power away?

• Wyatt

Posted December 22, 2004 - 04:04 PM

I find it very hard your delaer has the slightest clue as to what the '06 will really be like.

• John_Lorenz

Posted December 22, 2004 - 04:33 PM

I find it very hard your delaer has the slightest clue as to what the '06 will really be like.

Wyatt Common your so negative :cry:
Everyone knows the yamaha is going to be blue, with Blue Fenders a Blue Gas tank and will have two wheels from and back.

My Dealer told me just that,
I also heard (Lets Entertain the Newbie)
I heard from a very reliable source, My sisters cousins, boyfriends uncles half sister's brother in law's step son's friends grandpa who knows this hooker.
Well the Hooker told the Grandpa of the friend who's brother in laws son is, who told his half sisters uncle, boyfriend's cousin who told my sister that the YZf will definitely be a Yamaha

Thats what I heard :cry:

• stainlessTT

Posted December 22, 2004 - 04:57 PM

wouldent the fuel injection take some power away?

Uh....NO... Fuel injection is the way to go! Carbs a cheaper to make and cheaper to have worked on etc...

FI will make it start easier, run better and faster all kinds of pros except if you have to replace an injector or need them worked on ( $$$ ).

No new car in the US or Japan or any other decent contry have carbs anymore yet they have more power in smaller engine that are more reliable and get better fuel mileage.

What modern day sports car can you think of that is carbuerated? Carbs are out of date and I hope they are on the 06 YZs

• DoctorRzed

Posted December 22, 2004 - 05:50 PM

Yep FI would be great no more jetting issues. I hope they come out in 06 but I will wait till 07 till I get a new bike again.

• stainlessTT

Posted December 22, 2004 - 06:08 PM

Yep FI would be great no more jetting issues. I hope they come out in 06 but I will wait till 07 till I get a new bike again.

Yeah thats a good idea... let em work out the bugs on the frame and FI for the 1st year :cry:

• gonzo

Posted December 22, 2004 - 09:03 PM

Gotta love those dealers. I dont even believe my friends that are dealers.

• Wyatt

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:47 AM

Damn.....i just read my post and realized that I left out a few words:

I find it very hard to believe that your dealer has the slightest clue as to what the '06 will really be like......

But, you guys know what i meant.....reading my typing is like deciphering code.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted December 23, 2004 - 12:05 PM

I understood it Wyatt.

• machoman_#618

Posted December 23, 2004 - 04:32 PM

let's see, I had a 79kx 250,89yz250,1993 xr250,2000 xr250,2002 yz250f,2001 426,2003 450f, 2005 450f. Is it weird I've never replace a jet?lol. No fouling issues, no bogs. You guys think its just Arkansas weather?

• MNellis

Posted December 23, 2004 - 04:40 PM

Unless the fuel injection is mechanical, it's gonna need a high pressure pump, and ECU and maybe some other stuff that all takes an electrical system. I doubt you'll see EFI on a YZ.

• joer6

Posted December 23, 2004 - 04:57 PM

i know why a bike could benefit from fuel injection. but in the great race for all things light, how are you going to add a larger cdi,ecu or whatever and a fuel pump and about 3-5 more sensors to the bike and say it is better?? i don't see motocross bikes being fuel injected at all. maybe like the wr or hondas x models but not straight up motorcross bikes.

• MORETORQUE

Posted December 23, 2004 - 04:58 PM

I hear fuel injection is nothing but a big pain in the ass and the professional mechanics don't want it. To hard to keep tuned correctly in a race application. I will take my old obsolete tub of chit CR 500 motor I can fix for under a 100 $!

• YamahaX25

Posted December 23, 2004 - 05:42 PM

I hear fuel injection is nothing but a big pain in the ass and the professional mechanics don't want it. To hard to keep tuned correctly in a race application. I will take my old obsolete tub of chit CR 500 motor I can fix for under a 100 $!

I'm with Moretorque all the way. FI is way to complicated, I like to work on my own bikes thank you very much. Dealers suck, They overcharge you, treat you like crap, the whole works. No way I'm going to give them my money. Ill pay a couple bucks for some jets, and a fuel screw. :cry:

• DoctorRzed

Posted December 23, 2004 - 07:00 PM

You would think by now all dirtbikes would have FI. Streetbikes boats automobiles have it for years? Computers run the world. The differance between them and dirtbikes is that their run mainly at a constant speed at a steady throttle. Carbs have worked so good for bikes. Its a bit more complicated on constant chops of the throttle as in motocross etc. The Atk had a Fi but was plagued w/clogged injectors. TO make a FI work well on a dirtbike costs $$$ and I think thats why bikes have yet to see them. It would be nice no haveing to rejet a bike at every track but I rather do that then spend the cash to repaiir a fi. I dont think the 06 yz450f will have it. Just my .02

• RippinInColorado

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:26 PM

I have a friend who is a dealer. He assures me they have no idea what the 06 will include. They are still very much a work-in-progress.

• condog_aus

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:55 PM

Wyatt Common your so negative :cry:
Everyone knows the yamaha is going to be blue, with Blue Fenders a Blue Gas tank and will have two wheels from and back.

My Dealer told me just that,
I also heard (Lets Entertain the Newbie)
I heard from a very reliable source, My sisters cousins, boyfriends uncles half sister's brother in law's step son's friends grandpa who knows this hooker.
Well the Hooker told the Grandpa of the friend who's brother in laws son is, who told his half sisters uncle, boyfriend's cousin who told my sister that the YZf will definitely be a Yamaha

Thats what I heard :cry:

My cousins, uncles siters niece hooked up with a 332lb jockey whos horse named Mr Ed told me for sure that in 06 John Lorenze will officaially be an aluminium framed smart ass.

• tool

Posted December 24, 2004 - 06:41 PM

i find it harder to understand what people are typing on this "new" forum in general.

people are getting lazy here.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.