426 cam????????

3 replies to this topic
  • wrjay

Posted December 21, 2004 - 11:01 PM

thinking about doing the cam in my 02 wr 426(canadian) anyone out there have any suggestions.

• Hamish

Posted December 22, 2004 - 12:34 AM

If you still have WR timing, I'd YZ time it and put a decent pipe on if you don't already have one. My 426 is YZ timed and has a YZ muffler and GYT-R header pipe and it has heaps of power everywhere. More torque off the bottom than you'll ever need and a killer top end too :cry: Hard to believe it's the same engine. If you have trouble starting you bike maybe a YZ450 cam would help, but I've never tried one so I cant offer any advise there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rattler88

Posted December 22, 2004 - 06:19 AM

Go with the YZ 450 cam part #5TA-12180-00 and you will
get the benefits of the auto decompression, did my 01 426
and love it. :cry:

• tp3dxf

Posted December 24, 2004 - 11:52 AM

I went with a HotCamshafts auto deco cam on my 01WR426. It's nice not to have to go thru the deco lever routine it also makes the bike easier to bump start should you stall on the go. No more reaching for the deco lever.

I took my deco lever off but at times I wish It was still there. For example after a crash when the bike is a little flooded or on a cold morning to help get the bike started a little easier. Overall a very good mod.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.